CLASSIC BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Jeanne Thiel Kelley
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 3 ounces roast, about 3/4 cup vegetables, and about 3 tablespoons cooking liquid)
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2 cups coarsely chopped onion|
|1 cup dry red wine|
|4 thyme sprigs|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth|
|1 bay leaf|
|4 large carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces|
|2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Fresh thyme leaves (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add roast to pan; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove roast from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
- Return browned roast to pan. Add the red wine, thyme sprigs, chopped garlic, beef broth, and bay leaf to pan; bring to a simmer. Cover pan and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until the roast is almost tender.
- Add carrots and potatoes to pan. Cover and bake an additional 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf from pan; discard. Shred meat with 2 forks. Serve roast with vegetable mixture and cooking liquid. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.
Calories 307 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.7 g, CholesterolContent 85 mg, FatContent 10.4 g, FiberContent 2.8 g, ProteinContent 28.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, SodiumContent 340 mg
ARM ROAST SLOPPY JOES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Yield: 25 serving(s)
|5 lbs arm roast (excess fat removed)|
|24 ounces delmonte chili sauce|
|1/2 cup cider vinegar|
|3/4 cup lea&perrins Worcestershire sauce|
|3/4 cup dark brown sugar|
|2 chopped large onions|
|1 head minced garlic|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
- In hot Dutch oven, brown arm roast in oil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours adding water if necessary (if lid fits well, adding water shouldn’t be necessary).
- Add onion and garlic and continue simmering for 1 hour, oruntil beef is fork tender.
- With two forks, break meat into coarse shreds and chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring back to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Grill lightly buttered hamburger buns and pile on the meat.
Calories 282.1, FatContent 9.8, SaturatedFatContent 3, CholesterolContent 91.6, SodiumContent 508.4, CarbohydrateContent 15.1, FiberContent 1.8, SugarContent 10.5, ProteinContent 30.9
GRANDMA’S SUNDAY OVEN POT ROAST | SRSLY POT ROAST IN THE OVEN IS BEST!
Provided by: Nellie
Categories: Main Course
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 180 minutes
|1 3lb beef arm roast (or similar beef cut)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2 cups full-bodied red wine|
|1/2 cup beef broth (or use water and bouillion)|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 large onion, chunked|
|2 cups baby carrots|
|4 large russet potatoes, chunked|
|1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I use Lawry’s)|
- Oven Roasted Method
- Crock Pot version
Calories 215 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 38 g, ProteinContent 5 g, FatContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 1 mg, SodiumContent 964 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BRAISED ARM ROAST – CONFIDENT IN THE KITCHEN – JEAN MILLER
Provided by: CONFIDENTINTHEKITCHEN.COM