CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: William Uncle Bill Anatooskin
Categories: Vegetable Soup
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|¼ cup margarine|
|1 onion, chopped|
|3 stalks celery, chopped|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|4 cups water|
|1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth|
|4 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder|
|1 potato, peeled and diced|
|1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|¾ cup half-and-half|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|¼ teaspoon ground white pepper|
- Melt margarine in a heavy cooking pot. Add onion and celery; saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in flour, mixing well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn, or let it go lumpy. Add water, chicken broth, and chicken soup base; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add potato and asparagus. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender in batches. Return to pot.
- Stir in half-and-half, soy sauce, and black and white pepper. Bring soup just to boil. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.
Calories 211.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.3 g, CholesterolContent 14.1 mg, FatContent 12.5 g, FiberContent 3.2 g, ProteinContent 8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.9 g, SodiumContent 2018.7 mg, SugarContent 4.2 g
CELERY AND ASPARAGUS SOUP | SO DELICIOUS
Provided by: Andrei Gusty
Total time: 40 minutes
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 teaspoon red peppercorns|
|1 medium-sized celery root, sliced|
|2 celery sticks, chopped|
|2 large carrots, sliced|
|¼ cup rice|
|3 cups of vegetable stock|
|3 bay leaves|
|1 teaspoon curry powder|
|6 asparagus spears, chopped|
|¼ cup tomato sauce|
|1 spring onion, chopped|
|chili flakes for garnishing|
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot over low-medium heat. Cook the onion until tender.
- Add the peppercorns, the chopped celery root and stick, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the vegetable stock, bay leaves, and curry powder. Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, tomato sauce, and spring onion while cooking and stirring for 2-3 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and serve garnished with chili flakes and spring onion.
Calories 135 calories , ProteinContent 5 grams , FatContent 7 grams , CarbohydrateContent 16 grams
CREAMY CELERY AND ASPARAGUS SOUP – PRITIKIN WEIGHT LOSS RESORT
Provided by: Eugenia Killoran
Yield: 12 8-ounce per servings
|1 cup onion (diced )|
|4 cups celery (chopped )|
|4 teaspoons garlic (minced )|
|1 cup asparagus spears (separate the tips)|
|1 tablespoon fresh thyme|
|8 cups vegetable broth (no-salt-added)|
|1 cup yellow tomato (diced )|
|pinch Pritikin seasoning ( (homemade blend of granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon peeper, and paprika))|
|1 cup brown rice (cooked )|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil|
|pinch black peppercorns (ground)|
|2 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium|
- Lightly mist soup pot with vegetable spray, and heat to medium temperature. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add celery, garlic, asparagus spears (not tips), thyme, and 2 tablespoons vegetable broth, and
continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, paprika, cooked rice, and remaining broth, and cook uncovered
for 2 minutes
- In a food processor, puree mixture, and return to heat.
- Add asparagus tips and cook 5 minutes.
- At the last minute, add basil, pepper and soy sauce.
CELERY SOUP WITH LIMA BEANS, ASPARAGUS AND PEAS RECIPE – NYT …
Provided by: Barbara Kafka
Total time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 generous first-course servings
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|2 large bunches celery, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch lengths|
|1 10-ounce package frozen baby lima beans, defrosted under warm running water|
|2/3 cup shelled peas or frozen baby peas, defrosted under warm running water|
|1 small bunch asparagus, woody portion of stem snapped off, remaining portion peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|3 heaping tablespoons very thinly sliced scallion greens|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped celery leaves|
|2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill fronds|
- To make the soup base, place two cups water and the salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the celery. Return to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes. Pass through the medium disk of a food mill or puree in a blender (if using a blender, work in a few small batches so the hot celery puree doesn’t burst out of the top).
- To make the soup, in a medium saucepan bring the celery base to a boil. Add the lima beans and cook for 1 minute. Add the peas and asparagus. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the scallions. Cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Season with pepper. Stir in the celery leaves and dill. Serve immediately.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 129, UnsaturatedFatContent 1 gram, CarbohydrateContent 23 grams, FatContent 1 gram, FiberContent 8 grams, ProteinContent 8 grams, SaturatedFatContent 0 grams, SodiumContent 584 milligrams, SugarContent 4 grams