ROTINI PASTA BAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Samantha Czajka
Categories: Pasta Main Dishes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta|
|½ pound lean ground beef|
|1 teaspoon diced onion|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce|
|3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
- In a large pot cook rotini pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Cook ground turkey or beef in medium skillet until brown. Add the diced onion, salt and pepper. Mix in half of the jar of spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl add the browned beef mixture to the drained pasta and stir in the second half of the of spaghetti sauce. Pour mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- In a preheated 425 degree F (230 degree C) oven bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Calories 487.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 55.2 g, CholesterolContent 56.4 mg, FatContent 19.2 g, FiberContent 4.5 g, ProteinContent 23.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.8 g, SodiumContent 978.3 mg, SugarContent 11 g
BAKED RIGATONI WITH BEEF RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
|2 3/4 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta (about 8 oz)|
|1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)|
|1 jar (26 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato basil pasta sauce|
|2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (8 oz)|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|Small fresh basil leaves, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; return to pasta-cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain, and add to pot with pasta.
- Add pasta sauce and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese to pot with pasta and beef; stir to combine, then pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until casserole is at least 165°F in center. Garnish with basil.
Calories 390 , CarbohydrateContent 33 g, CholesterolContent 60 mg, FatContent 1/2 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 24 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 Cup, SodiumContent 660 mg, SugarContent 4 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g