HOMESTYLE GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
|1 pound ground round|
|1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained|
|1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained|
|1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles|
|5 green onions, chopped|
|1 (8-oz.) container sour cream|
|3 ounces cream cheese, softened|
|4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)|
|4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)|
|4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)|
- Brown ground round in a large skillet over medium, stirring constantly, 5 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in both cans diced tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Stir together hot cooked noodles, chopped green onions, sour cream, and cream cheese until blended.
- Spoon egg noodle mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses in order listed.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
CHEESY FIESTA BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup picante sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 can (10-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted|
|1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained|
|1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles|
|1 package (9-3/4 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips or plain tortilla chips, crushed|
|1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|Optional: Cubed avocado and sour cream|
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, picante sauce and chili powder., In a bowl, combine soup, tomatoes and green chiles. In a lightly greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half the chips, beef mixture, soup mixture and cheeses. Repeat layers., Microwave on medium-high, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, about 12 minutes. If desired, top with avocado and sour cream.
Calories 477 calories, FatContent 26g fat (9g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 63mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1119mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 5g fiber), ProteinContent 23g protein.
OLD-FASHIONED BEEF STEW RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Molly O’Neill
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
|1 pound beef stewing meat, trimmed and cut into inch cubes|
|5 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|1 cup red wine|
|3 1/2 cups beef broth, homemade or low-sodium canned|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 medium onion, peeled and chopped|
|5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds|
|2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|2 teaspoons salt|
- Combine the flour and pepper in a bowl, add the beef and toss to coat well. Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large pot. Add the beef a few pieces at a time; do not overcrowd. Cook, turning the pieces until beef is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch; add more oil as needed between batches.
- Remove the beef from the pot and add the vinegar and wine. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer.
- Cover and cook, skimming broth from time to time, until the beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add the onions and carrots and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more. Add broth or water if the stew is dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle among 4 bowls and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 494, UnsaturatedFatContent 9 grams, CarbohydrateContent 54 grams, FatContent 12 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 35 grams, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams, SodiumContent 1604 milligrams, SugarContent 7 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams