DEVILED CRAB A LA PORTUGESA (BODEGA BAY CALIFORNIA STYLE) RECIPE …
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup milk, heated|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2 egg yolks, slightly beaten|
|2 cups dungeness crabmeat, Fresh crab meat|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/4 cup marsala wine|
|8 slices French bread|
|2/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs|
|8 lemon slices|
|paprika (to garnish)|
- Melt butter; stir in flour and milk.
- Season with salt, cayenne, and Worcestershire.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Add egg yolks and crab while stirring.
- Cook 3 minutes and stir in lemon juice and marsala.
- Spoon mixture over French bread slices and cover with bread crumbs.
- Top with a lemon slice and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven about 15-20 minutes, until bread crust is browned.
Calories 321.9, FatContent 8.9, SaturatedFatContent 4.3, CholesterolContent 62.9, SodiumContent 772.7, CarbohydrateContent 44.6, FiberContent 2.6, SugarContent 1.3, ProteinContent 8.8
FISH CHOWDER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: AMYTHE
Categories: Fish Chowder
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 cups chopped onion|
|4 fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|4 cups diced potatoes|
|2 pounds cod, diced into 1/2 inch cubes|
|1 cup clam juice|
|½ cup all-purpose flour|
|⅛ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk|
|¼ cup cooked crumbled bacon|
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and celery in butter until tender. Add chicken stock and potatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add fish; simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Mix together clam juice and flour in a small bowl until smooth; stir into soup and simmer for 1 minute. Season with Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in evaporated milk.
- Portion into soup bowls and top with crumbled bacon.
Calories 386.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.8 g, CholesterolContent 83.5 mg, FatContent 13.6 g, FiberContent 2.8 g, ProteinContent 31.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.2 g, SodiumContent 748 mg, SugarContent 12.3 g