SIMPLE CROCKPOT BOSTON BUTT RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Yield: 16 serving(s)
|4 1/2 lbs boston butt|
|3/4 cup chopped sweet onion|
|2 teaspoons seasoning salt (to taste)|
|2 teaspoons garlic powder (to taste)|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper (to taste)|
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly over meat, and top with onions.
- Place in crockpot, and cook on low for 8 hours.
Calories 283.1, FatContent 20.2, SaturatedFatContent 7, CholesterolContent 90.6, SodiumContent 80.8, CarbohydrateContent 1.2, FiberContent 0.2, SugarContent 0.4, ProteinContent 22.7
SLOW COOKER TEXAS PULLED PORK RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: cmccreight
Categories: Pulled Pork
Total time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 8 sandwiches
|1 teaspoon vegetable oil|
|1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast|
|1 cup barbeque sauce|
|½ cup apple cider vinegar|
|½ cup chicken broth|
|¼ cup light brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 extra large onion, chopped|
|2 large cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme|
|8 hamburger buns, split|
|2 tablespoons butter, or as needed|
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.
Calories 527.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 45.5 g, CholesterolContent 98.4 mg, FatContent 23.2 g, FiberContent 2.6 g, ProteinContent 31.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.7 g, SodiumContent 802.7 mg, SugarContent 17.1 g
ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 8 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours 0 minutes
Yield: Makes approximately 3 1/2 pounds, 10 servings
|1 (4 1/2 to 5 pound) boneless or bone-in pork shoulder (also known as pork butt), twine or netting removed|
|2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed|
|1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons neutral flavored oil|
|1 medium onion, peeled and chopped small|
|4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 tablespoon ancho or mild chili powder, see our homemade chili powder recipe|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 cup water|
|3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar|
|1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|Coleslaw, see our mayonnaise based coleslaw recipe or our mayo-free coleslaw|
|Barbecue sauce, see our bacon bourbon barbecue sauce recipe|
- Rub the pork with salt and pepper, and then set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients. (See notes below if you plan to sear the pork first).
- Heat oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic then cook, occasionally stirring, until they are sweet and browned around the edges. Stir in the tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin. Cook, stirring until the tomato paste turns from bright red to orange in color; about 3 minutes. Add the water, apple cider vinegar, and fish sauce and cook for about 1 minute, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Rest the seasoned pork in the bottom of a slow cooker then pour the onion and spice mixture on top. Wiggle the pork around the bottom of the slow cooker so that some of the onion and spice mixture slides underneath. Cover with lid and cook until the pork can be easily shredded; LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 4 to 6.
- Turn off the slow cooker and transfer the pork to a cutting board. If the pork has a bone in it, remove and discard it. Use two forks to shred the meat, discarding any connective tissue, and large clumps of fat.
- Remove the cooking liquid and skim most of the fat from its surface. Discard the fat then set the cooking liquid aside.
- If using barbecue sauce, add it to the slow cooker and stir in the shredded pork. For even more flavor, add back some of the reserved cooking liquid. If you’re not using barbecue sauce, add the shredded pork and the cooking liquid back to the slow cooker. Taste and season with salt, additional vinegar, or hot sauce as needed.
ServingSize 1/10 of the recipe (assumes 10 servings), Calories 404, ProteinContent 28 g, CarbohydrateContent 2 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 1 g, FatContent 31 g, SaturatedFatContent 11 g, CholesterolContent 109 mg
BEST EVER BOSTON BUTT ROAST IN A SLOW COOKER | WHAT’S COOKIN …
Provided by: Claudia Lamascolo
Total time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
|4 lb Boston Butt up to|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon white pepper|
|1 clove fresh garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon tarragon|
|1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon ground thyme|
|1/2 teaspoon marjoram|
|1/2 teaspoon rosemary|
|1/2 teaspoon whole basil|
|1/2 cup applesauce regular or cinnamon flavored|
|1/4 cup Apple Brandy (or more if using a larger roast add more Apple Brandy), or substitute apple cider or water|
|Cooking Oil Spray|
- Spray the pork with cooking spray in your large slow cooker.
- Note: Although I don’t sear the meat first you can do that if you prefer the outside browned. Just add a few tablespoons of cooking oil to a pan or on the Sear mode of your instant pot and sear the meat for 4 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with herbs and spices on top and fatty sides.
- Add the applesauce to the bottom with water or brandy.
- Slow Cook 4 to 6 hours on high or low 6 to 8 hours.
- For Other Cooking Methods:
- Instant Pot: Use the Slow cooker mode or follow directions for pressure cooking in your instruction guide
- Stovetop: Deep Dutch Oven, low heat simmer for at least an hour per pound
- Oven: Oven bags work the best for tender meat cook on 325 for at least 4 hours or more. You can also use a large Dutch Oven Pan, covered, at 325 degrees, the same amount of time.
- Slow cooking is the way to go, no matter what I decide to cook, I love it the best in methods, easy peasy.
- This roast falls off the bone. Serve with mashed potatoes and lots of crusty bread Italian Bread!