HASH BROWN AND EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: MELISSAKOVACS07
Categories: Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 1 8×8-inch casserole
|1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed|
|1 pound pork sausage|
|1 small onion, diced|
|½ cup milk|
|½ teaspoon onion powder|
|⅛ teaspoon garlic powder|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square pan; add hash brown potatoes and arrange in an even layer.
- Place sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sausage is browned and crumbled, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until well combined; pour over the potatoes and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese. Add sausage mixture on top and sprinkle with remaining Cheddar. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil; return casserole to the oven and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 616.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 30.4 g, CholesterolContent 259.5 mg, FatContent 48.9 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 33.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 22.8 g, SodiumContent 1141.7 mg, SugarContent 2.2 g
HASH BROWN EGG BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 05 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed|
|1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided|
|1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt|
|8 large eggs|
|2 cups whole milk|
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Calories 354 calories, FatContent 19g fat (8g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 227mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 649mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 21g protein.