ANCHOR BAR’S BUFFALO WINGS RECIPE: THE ORIGINAL HOT WINGS – PARADE …
Provided by: Anchor Bar, Buffalo, NY
Total time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|36 chicken wing segments|
|4 tsp vegetable oil|
|1 tsp salt|
|¾ cup flour|
|8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter|
|4 tsp cider vinegar|
|¼ to 1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste|
|⅛ tsp garlic powder|
|4 to 8 Tbsp hot sauce, or to taste (Frank’s is the brand used in Buffalo)|
|Blue cheese dressing|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, toss wings with vegetable oil and salt. Sprinkle flour and toss until wings are evenly covered. Spread out on baking pans lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn wings and bake 20 minutes more or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine butter, vinegar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Bring to simmer over medium. Remove from heat. When wings are done, transfer them to a large serving bowl and pour hot sauce mixture over them. Toss wings to coat thoroughly with sauce. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing … and plenty of napkins. Kitchen Counter Per Serving: 410 cal, 9g carbs, 21g protein, 31g fat, 110 mg chol, 470mg sodium, 0g fiber
BUFFALO HOT WINGS-ANCHOR BAR STYLE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 24 wing sections, 2-6 serving(s)
|24 chicken wings, sections|
|salt and pepper|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|1 (12 ounce) bottle hot sauce (Red Hot or Crystal)|
|1 tablespoon white vinegar|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
- Preheat oven to 350 and preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375.
- Fry wings for 8 minutes. (Do this in batches so you don’t over crowd).
- Transfer to a tray lined with paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss wings in sauce. Roast 15-20 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve with Blue cheese or Ranch dressing and celery.
Calories 1530, FatContent 117.6, SaturatedFatContent 41, CholesterolContent 513.8, SodiumContent 5163.4, CarbohydrateContent 3.2, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 2.2, ProteinContent 108.9