EASY BUNNY CAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix|
|Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box|
|2 containers Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting|
|Betty Crocker™ purple and/or pink neon gel food color|
|Construction paper (inedible)|
|2 small marshmallows, cut in half, flattened|
|2 small jelly beans, cut in half|
|2 (5-inch) strips rainbow-colored sour candy, separated into strips|
|2 large jelly beans or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanut candies|
|2 pieces rectangular-shaped white chewing gum, cut in half|
|2 large marshmallows|
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
- In medium bowl, tint 1 container frosting with neon purple food color. Using 1 cake round, cut in half to form 2 semicircles. Put halves together with 1/4 cup frosting to form body. Place upright on serving plate, cut side down.
- Frost cake with frosting. Cut ears from construction paper; wrap ends that will be inserted into cake with plastic food wrap. Insert into cake. Using toothpicks to attach, use 2 small marshmallow halves and 2 small jelly bean halves for eyes. Use large jelly bean for nose and sour candy strips for whiskers. Place gum halves just below nose for teeth. Use large marshmallow for tail.
- Repeat with remaining cake to make second bunny, using neon pink food color. Frost and decorate as above. Remove ears, plastic wrap and toothpicks before serving. Store loosely covered.
Calories 420 , CarbohydrateContent 65 g, CholesterolContent 40 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving (Cake and Frosting Only), SodiumContent 340 mg, SugarContent 48 g, TransFatContent 4 g
EASY BUNNY CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Joni Ehman
Categories: Cake Mix Cakes
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix|
|1 cup water|
|⅓ cup vegetable oil|
|3 large eggs|
|1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting|
|3 ¾ cups flaked coconut|
|30 small jellybeans|
|4 sticks red licorice|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the sides and bottoms of two 9-inch metal springform pans.
- Beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 23 to 2 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove cakes from the springform pans and cool completely, about 20 more minutes.
- Place one cake on a serving tray, forming the bunny’s head.
- Cut 2 convex-shaped ears from each side of the second cake, and place them on each side of the head to form ears. Place the remaining concave-shaped piece about 1/2 inch below the head for the bowtie.
- Frost the entire bunny cake with vanilla frosting; pat the cup coconut evenly over top and sides. Decorate the bunny face and bowtie with jellybeans and use licorice to make whiskers.
Calories 456.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 68.8 g, CholesterolContent 0.9 mg, FatContent 19.6 g, FiberContent 2.7 g, ProteinContent 2.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.3 g, SodiumContent 361.8 mg, SugarContent 48 g