FAVORITE DUTCH APPLE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|1/2 cup quick-cooking oats|
|3/4 cup butter, melted|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1-1/4 cups cold water|
|4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 2 large)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Optional: vanilla ice cream and caramel sundae syrup|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; reserve 3/4 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. , In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in apples and vanilla. Pour into crust. Crumble topping over filling., Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with ice cream and caramel.
Calories 494 calories, FatContent 18g fat (11g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 46mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 146mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 81g carbohydrate (49g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.
BEST MCDONALD’S APPLE PIE RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: vegetarian,birthday,feed a crowd,Fourth of July,baking,dessert
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tbsp. butter|
|2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped|
|1/4 c. packed brown sugar|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|All-purpose flour, for surface|
|1 sheet puff pastry, thawed|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until apples are soft and most of the juice has cooked off, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry out to a 12” square. Divide into 8 rectangles.
- Spoon apples into center of 4 rectangles, leaving a ¼” border around puff pastry. Top with remaining rectangles and crimp edges together with a fork. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut 4 slits into tops of each pie.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon cold water to create an egg wash. Brush onto pies. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place pies onto prepared pan and bake until golden, 25 minutes.