APPLE JELLY CAKE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Renee Covington @Windsong7
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 cup(s) butter|
|2 cup(s) sugar|
|4 – large eggs|
|2 1/2 cup(s) self rising flour|
|1 cup(s) milk|
|1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract|
|FOR JELLY FROSTING|
|1 – small jar of apple jelly 8 oz|
|1/3 cup(s) sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees grease and flour cake pans
- Mix jelly and sugar and let stand for 10 minutes. Taste to see if jelly is sweet enough, add addition teaspoons of sugars until it meets your taste.
- Directions for cake
Cream together butter and sugar then add eggs one at a time. Combine the milk and vanilla, add alternately with the flour. Mix for 1 minute.
- Pour into pans and bake for 20 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
Cool completely before frosting with apple jelly.
LUXURY STRAWBERRY JELLY CAKE | TASTEMADE
Provided by: Tastemade
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
|1 7-inch round sponge cake|
|3/4 tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1/2 tablespoon cherry fruit brandy|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
|5 ounces strawberries, quartered|
|1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatin plus 1 tablespoon water|
|1 3/4 cups water|
|3 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|5 sheet gelatin, soaked in ice water|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|Gold leaf, optional|
- In a 7-inch round cake pan, add the sponge cake round. Line with whole strawberries. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, cherry brandy and heavy cream. Allow to sit for 8 minutes, then whip to soft peaks. Top set strawberry jelly with a layer of whipped cream and cool in freezer until set.
- Pour one-third of the gelatin mixture overtop of the sponge cake layer.
- Add the set strawberry jelly, and cover cake with remaining gelatin mixture.
- Place in refrigerator until set. Remove from mold. Add garnishes and serve.
- In a food processor, add strawberry jelly ingredients and blend to combine.
- Line a 4-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap. Pour in the strawberry jelly mixture and cool until hardened.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add water and sugar.
- Add soaked sheet gelatin and allow to melt. Stir to combine.
- Add lemon juice, honey and gold leaf and stir until combined.