SKINNY CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1 red bell pepper (cut into strips)|
|1 green or poblano pepper (cut into strips)|
|1 medium onion (cut into strips)|
|3 tbsp lime juice|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|pinch ancho or Mexican chili powder ( to taste)|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|8 reduced-carb whole wheat flour tortillas (or corn tortillas for gf)|
|1/2 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese|
|reduced fat sour cream (optional)|
- Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with chile powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- To grill the onions and peppers outside on the grill, use a cast iron skillet and grill covered over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Or, to cook them indoors, you can use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes, covered until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a cutting board when done and cut into strips. Once cooked, combine with the peppers and onions.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, cheese and toppings.
ServingSize 2 fajitas, Calories 299 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 27 g, ProteinContent 39 g, FatContent 10.5 g, CholesterolContent 7.5 mg, SodiumContent 423 mg, FiberContent 15.5 g