CALIFORNIA TURKEY BURGERS & BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE …
Provided by: Joyce Hendley, M.S.
Categories: Healthy Turkey Burger Recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
|1 medium sweet potato (12 oz.), peeled|
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|8 ounces lean ground turkey|
|¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon ground pepper|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|2 slices sweet onion, such as Vidalia|
|2 thick slices tomato|
|4-6 large, soft lettuce leaves, such as green leaf or butterhead|
- To prepare fries: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. salt. Bake, flipping halfway through, until tender and crisp-edged, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare burgers: Using your hands, mix turkey, Cheddar, Worcestershire, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. Shape into two 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Brush oil over a medium nonstick or cast-iron skillet; set it over medium heat for 2 minutes. (Alternatively, to grill, see Tip.) Add the patties and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Cover the pan and continue to cook until the patties are lightly browned but still juicy (the juices should run clear, not pink), and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees F, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- To assemble the burgers, top each patty with a slice of onion and tomato, and half the avocado slices. Carefully wrap each one in 2 to 3 lettuce leaves, wrapping as tightly as you can. Serve with the sweet potato fries.
Calories 463.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.5 g, CholesterolContent 57.5 mg, FatContent 23.1 g, FiberContent 7.9 g, ProteinContent 35.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.3 g, SodiumContent 690.2 mg, SugarContent 10.2 g
TURKEY BURGERS WITH GOCHUJANG & KIMCHI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories: Healthy Burger Recipes
|1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey|
|3 scallions, sliced|
|8 teaspoons Korean chile paste (see Tips), divided|
|1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil|
|2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise|
|4 small whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted|
|12 slices English cucumber|
|1 cup kimchi|
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine turkey, scallions, 5 teaspoons chile paste and sesame oil in a medium bowl; gently knead together. Do not overmix. Form into 4 burgers, about 4 inches wide.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and the remaining 3 teaspoons chile paste in a small bowl. Assemble the burgers on toasted buns with 2 teaspoons of the mayonnaise mixture, 3 slices cucumber and 1/4 cup kimchi each.
Calories 341 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.2 g, CholesterolContent 66.9 mg, FatContent 11.9 g, FiberContent 5.1 g, ProteinContent 27.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.7 g, SodiumContent 782.4 mg, SugarContent 8.2 g