CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Suzie
Categories: Caramel Apples
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Yield: 6 caramel apples
|6 wooden craft sticks|
|1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped|
|2 tablespoons milk|
- Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set.
Calories 323.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 69.6 g, CholesterolContent 5 mg, FatContent 5.6 g, FiberContent 3.3 g, ProteinContent 3.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 163.5 mg, SugarContent 57.4 g
THE BEST CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: onlyxception
Categories: Caramel Apples
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|8 large tart apples|
|8 wooden chopsticks for handles|
|2 cups packed brown sugar|
|1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk|
|1 cup light corn syrup|
|1 cup butter|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Dip apples in boiling water for a few seconds, using a slotted spoon, then dry with paper towels to remove any wax from the peels. Set apples aside to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Insert sticks into the bottom of each cooled apple through the core for a handle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, and butter together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees F (120 degrees C), stirring constantly to prevent burning, about 25 to 30 minutes. A teaspoon of caramel dropped in a glass of cold water, should form a firm ball. Remove caramel from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Working quickly, dip each apple into the hot caramel to completely coat the apple and about 1/2 inch of the wooden handle. Sprinkle apples with any desired toppings while still hot. Let caramel apples cool on the prepared baking sheet, about 1 hour. Use caution, caramel is very hot.
Calories 799.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 141.5 g, CholesterolContent 77.7 mg, FatContent 27.6 g, FiberContent 5.1 g, ProteinContent 4.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 17.3 g, SodiumContent 268.7 mg, SugarContent 113.2 g
CANDY BAR CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Provided by: Land O’Lakes
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servingss
|8 wooden craft sticks|
|8 large apples, washed, dried|
|1 cup chopped chocolate-covered candy bars|
|1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter|
|1/4 cup milk|
|45 caramels, unwrapped|
|1 cup milk chocolate baking chips|
|2 (1-ounce) squares white baking chocolate, melted|
- Insert 1 wooden stick into stem end of each apple; set aside. Line baking sheet with waxed paper; spray with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Place chopped candy into medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, milk and caramel bits in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until caramel is melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in baking chips until smooth.
- Dip apples into melted caramel mixture until evenly coated, spooning mixture over apples as needed. Shake gently to allow all excess caramel mixture to drip off. (Return pan to stove if mixture gets too thick.) Roll bottoms of apples into chopped candy. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle each apple with melted white chocolate. If necessary, lift each apple from waxed paper and press caramel and chopped candy back onto bottom of apples. Place back onto waxed paper.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Wrap each apple in waxed paper; store refrigerated. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Calories 520 calories, FatContent 23 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 25 milligrams, SodiumContent 220 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 77 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 6 grams