HOW TO MAKE LEMON VERBENA TEA
Provided by: Andrés Carnalla
Total time: 16 minutes
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|3 lemon verbena leaves|
|4 cups water|
|4 tsp. honey or sweetener of choice (optional)|
- Place the 3 lemon verbena leaves in the 4 cups of water.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or iced with a teaspoon of honey in each glass for sweetness.
Calories 22 kcal, SodiumContent 5 mg, SugarContent 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LEMON VERBENA MINT DETOX TEA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: goldiejamescom
Categories: Hot Tea
Total time: 8 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 teapot
|1 cup boiling water|
|1 sprig fresh lemon verbena (about 10 leaves)|
|1 sprig fresh mint (about 15 leaves)|
|1 teaspoon honey, or to taste|
- Pour boiling water over verbena and mint sprigs; steep until desired flavor is reached, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in honey.
Calories 24.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.4 g, ProteinContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 7.6 mg, SugarContent 6.1 g
LEMON VERBENA ICED TEA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Erin Scott
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
|About 50 lemon verbena leaves, lemon balm, or mint leaves (or a combination)|
- Heat 2 qts. water to almost but not quite boiling. Put lemon verbena leaves in a tall container. Pour hot water over leaves and let steep at least 10 minutes; taste and let steep longer (up to overnight, chilled) if you’d like it stronger.
- Chill, strain, and serve over ice cubes (with flowers frozen into them, if you like).
LEMON VERBENA AND MINT TEA – FRENCH VERVEINE AND MINT TISANE …
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1-2 serving(s)
|10 -12 fresh lemon verbena leaves or 1 tablespoon dried lemon verbena|
|3 -4 fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon dried mint|
|1 strip lemon peel (optional)|
|sugar, to taste|
|lemon slice, to serve|
|lemon verbena and mint leaf, to garnish|
- Put the fresh herbs (and lemon peel if using) in to a warm teapot. Add the boiling water.
- Allow to infuse for 5 minutes and serve warm, with sugar to taste and a slice of lemon.
- To serve chilled, remove the mint and lemon verbena sprigs and refrigerate before serving with ice cubes and fresh sprigs of lemon verbena and mint.
Calories 0.1, FatContent 0, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 0.1, CarbohydrateContent 0, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 0
LEMON VERBENA ICED TEA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 cup lemon verbena leaf|
|4 cups ice|
|6 cups brewed tea, chilled|
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Cool sugar syrup completely.
- Cook lemon verbena leaves in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Combine sugar syrup and verbena leaves in a blender; process until smooth. Cover and chill overnight. Strain sugar syrup through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Place 2/3 cup ice into each of 6 tall glasses; add 1 cup brewed tea and 2 tablespoons sugar syrup to each serving, stirring to combine. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges, if desired.
Calories 64.8, FatContent 0, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 4.4, CarbohydrateContent 16.8, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 16.6, ProteinContent 0