CHILI’S POTATO SOUP RECIPE (COPYCAT)
Provided by: admin
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 medium potatoes (baked)|
|2 tablespoons Butter|
|1 cup Vidalia onion diced finely|
|2 tablespoons Flour|
|4 cups Chicken stock about 2 cans|
|2 cups Coldwater|
|5 tablespoons Cornstarch|
|1 ½ cups Instant mashed potatoes|
|1 teaspoon Salt|
|¾ teaspoon Pepper|
|½ teaspoon Basil|
|⅛ teaspoon Thyme|
|1 ½ cups Half-and-half|
|⅓ cup Cheddar cheese,|
|½ cup Shredded cheddar cheese|
|¼ cup Crumbled cooked bacon|
|2 Green onions (sliced thinly)|
- Add the diced onions to melted butter and cook for a few minutes until translucent, but not browned.
- Cook for a minute, stirring gently, after scattering the flour over the onions. Add the stock and simmer until the onions are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and COLD water in a small bowl.
- Over medium-high heat, add instant mashed potato flakes, dissolved cornstarch water, and seasonings to the saucepan, whisking gently until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Frequently whisk the mixture as it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the contents of the baked potatoes by cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise and making a few slits in them.
- Add the potato pieces to the soup base along with 1/3 cup crumbled cheddar cheese and half-and-half. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish & Serve
Calories 403 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving