HOMEMADE CHILI OIL (辣椒油) | MADE WITH LAU
Provided by: Made With Lau
Total time: 12 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
|1.5 oz Sichuan dried chili flakes|
|0.5 oz ginger|
|1 oz red onion|
|1 oz shallot|
|3 cloves garlic|
|2 pieces star anise|
|1 dash sesame seeds|
|4 oz neutral oil|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|0.5 tsp salt|
|0.5 tsp sugar|
|0.5 tsp white pepper|
|1 tbsp paprika|
|1 tbsp neutral oil|
- In a medium, heat-safe bowl, mix together chili flakes, salt, sugar, white pepper, and oil.
- Cut the ginger and red onion into slices.
- Heat up your wok over high heat for about 30 seconds, and pour the oil in.
- When the aromatic oil has come back up to 300°F (149°C), turn off the heat.
EASY CHILI OIL RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE CHILI OIL
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dairy-free,low sugar,vegan,vegetarian,weeknight meals,side dish
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 12-16 servings
|3/4 c. peanut oil|
|1/4 c. crushed dried red chile flakes of your choice|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. white sesame seeds or crushed roasted peanuts|
|1 tbsp. minced ginger|
|2 tsp. ground Sichuan peppercorns|
|1 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp. MSG|
- In a small pot over medium heat, heat oil until starting to smoke, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heatproof bowl or jar, stir chile flakes, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger, peppercorns, salt, and MSG until chiles are damp.
- Slowly pour hot oil over spices in 4 additions, letting it sizzle through evenly, pausing to stir occasionally before adding the next, and being careful to avoid overflowing. Whisk to incorporate, then let cool completely.