CHOCOLATE AMARETTI COOKIES | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
Provided by: Love and Olive Oil
Total time: 1 hours
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 24-28 cookies
|2 cups (180g) almond flour or very finely ground almonds, sifted|
|1 cup (200g) granulated sugar|
|3 tablespoon (15g) Dutch-process cocoa powder powder|
|2 large egg whites (about 60 grams)|
|1/4 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/2 teaspoon almond extract|
|confectioners’ sugar, as needed|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Stack two matching, heavyweight, light to medium colored cookie sheets one inside the other (stacking two cookie sheets together keeps the bottoms of the cookies from getting too brown). Line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sugar, cocoa and salt until evenly incorporated.In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and lemon juice until they hold soft peaks.Add beaten egg whites and almond extract to dry ingredients and stir until mixture forms a soft, sticky dough, kneading with your hands if necessary. No need to be gentle here, we’re not making macarons. ;)Lightly dust your hands with powdered sugar. Use a small cookie scoop to portion dough into 1-inch balls. Roll into a smooth ball, then roll in powdered sugar. Arrange on parchment or silicon-lined baking sheets, leaving 1 inch of space between cookies.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until tops are cracked and bottoms are just starting to darken (if you are NOT using doubled cookie sheets your cookies will brown much quicker, and will likely only need 25 minutes, so watch them closely). Remove from oven; let cool a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.Cookies will keep at room temperature in an airtight bag or container for up to 5 days.
CHOCOLATE-AMARETTO LAYER CAKE RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Connie Capani
Yield: Makes 12 Servings
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray|
|1 18.25-ounce package devil’s food cake mix|
|1 1/3 cups water|
|3 large eggs|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil|
|12 tablespoons amaretto liqueur|
|3/4 teaspoon almond extract|
|3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 18 ounces)|
|1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup whipping cream|
|2/3 cup sour cream|
|1 cup powdered sugar|
|1 cup slivered almonds, toasted|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides with nonstick spray. Combine cake mix, 1 1/3 cups water, eggs, oil, 3 tablespoons amaretto, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in large bowl; whisk until well blended. Mix in 1 cup chocolate chips. Divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes. Run knife around pan sides. Turn cakes out onto racks; cool completely. Brush each cake layer with 2 tablespoons amaretto.
- Combine butter and cream in medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until butter melts and mixture comes to simmer. Remove from heat. Add remaining 2 cups chocolate chips and whisk until melted. Mix in remaining 3 tablespoons amaretto. Cool until barely lukewarm, about 5 minutes. Whisk in sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, then powdered sugar. Refrigerate frosting just until thick enough to spread, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over. Top with second cake layer. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over. Top with third cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Press nuts around bottom 2 inches of cake. Chill 2 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome; keep chilled.
CHOCOLATE-AMARETTO MOUSSE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided|
|2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided|
|1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup amaretto|
|2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted|
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. , In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup butter; quickly spread in an even layer over bottom and sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes., In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the condensed milk, salt and remaining butter and chips until melted; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in the water; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add amaretto; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature. , Fold half of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Using foil, lift chocolate shell out of pan; gently peel off foil. Return shell to the pie plate; spoon filling into shell. Garnish with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Chill for 3 hours or until set.
Calories 742 calories, FatContent 52g fat (31g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 128mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 246mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 62g carbohydrate (56g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.