FAVORITE FRY BREAD TACOS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Kitchen Kitty
Categories: Fry Bread Tacos
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 tacos
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|½ teaspoon white sugar|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 ½ cups lukewarm water|
|2 cups oil for frying, or as needed|
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix|
|1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained|
|2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
|2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce|
|2 tomatoes, chopped|
|1 cup sour cream|
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl; stir in water just until a fairly sticky dough forms. Set aside to rest while oil preheats.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Flatten each portion into a round disc the size of your palm.
- Fry dough discs, one at a time, in hot oil until browned on one side, about 2 minutes; turn over with tongs and cook until browned on both sides, about 1 minute more. Drain fry bread on paper towels; repeat with remaining dough.
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; stir in chili seasoning and kidney beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place fry bread on a plate; top each fry bread with a portion of chili mixture, shredded Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Calories 695.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 50.5 g, CholesterolContent 102.8 mg, FatContent 40.9 g, FiberContent 6.9 g, ProteinContent 32.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 18.6 g, SodiumContent 1371.1 mg, SugarContent 3.1 g