COOKED CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
|2 cups cottage cheese|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon baking soda|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ cup whipping cream|
|¼ cup butter|
- Combine cottage cheese, flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Let cottage cheese mixture sit at room temperature for 2 hours or until mixture is bubbly.
- Combine cottage cheese mixture, whipping cream, and butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, 25 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Serve with fresh homemade breads or chill and serve with crackers.
CHEDDAR CRISPS RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
Provided by: Sarah Walker Caron
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
|1 cup sharp cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil and then top with parchment paper.
- Drop the cheddar cheese in mounds of 1 tbsp each, spreading each out into an even layer. Also, leave about 1-inch of space between each cheese round. Sprinkle with a touch of cayenne pepper (not too much!).
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, watching carefully. You want the cheese to melt and just about stop bubbling. Do NOT let it brown though, as it will be bitter.
- Remove from the baking sheet and arrange on a plate. Serve.
ServingSize 1 Serving