SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: jroot
Categories: Ham Soup
Total time: 8 hours 23 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 (8 ounce) package 15-bean soup mix|
|1 ham bone|
|3 cups cubed fully cooked ham|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|2 cups water|
|1 onion, chopped|
|3 carrots, chopped|
|1 (15.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 bay leaf|
- Place 15-bean soup mix in a large bowl and cover with several inches of cool water; soak in refrigerator 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Place 15-bean soup mix, ham bone, cooked ham, chicken broth, water, onion, carrots, great Northern beans, garlic, black pepper, salt, and bay leaf in a slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
Calories 304.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32 g, CholesterolContent 29.6 mg, FatContent 10.2 g, FiberContent 10.9 g, ProteinContent 20.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.4 g, SodiumContent 1114.3 mg, SugarContent 2.9 g
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP | HURST BEANS
Provided by: HURSTBEANS.COM
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|1 pkg [HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP®](/products/ham-beens-original-15-bean-soup)|
|8 cups low sodium chicken broth (can sub water, beef, or vegetable broth for added flavor)|
|1 leftover ham bone with meat (or ham hocks, diced ham or 1 lb. cooked sausage)|
|1 onion, diced|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)|
|1 15oz can diced tomatoes|
|1 lemon, juiced|
|Optional: Hot sauce or crushed red pepper to taste|
- Rinse beans and drain. Sort any unwanted debris and set seasoning packet aside.
- Place beans, onions, ham bone, broth/water, garlic and chili powder in a 6qt slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5 hours (or low for 7-8) or until beans are tender.
- Once tender, remove the ham bone (if used) and chop any meat left on the bone and add it back to the pot.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, Ham Flavor packet, and lemon juice.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes.