BEST APPLE STUFFING RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE APPLE STUFFING
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: Thanksgiving,side dish
Total time: 1 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 6 servings
|1 lb. sourdough, cut or torn into 1″ pieces|
|4 tbsp. butter, melted|
|1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 medium yellow onion, chopped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary|
|2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped|
|1/2 c. dried cranberries|
|1/2 c. sliced almonds|
|1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread in a large bowl and toss with melted butter, salt, and a few cranks of black pepper. Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake until bread is toasted, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, celery, and rosemary and cook until vegetables are soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine toasted bread, vegetables, apples, cranberries, and almonds. Add broth and toss to coat bread. Transfer mixture to a 9”-x-13” baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake until top is golden, 30 minutes more.
APPLE, CELERY AND ONION STUFFING | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE – RACHAEL …
Provided by: Rachael Ray
|1 stick butter|
|5 to 6 ribs celery from the heart|
|about 2 cups|
|1 large onion|
|2 large crisp apples|
|such as Pink Lady|
|Honeycrisp or Macoun|
|left unpeeled and diced|
|2 large fresh bay leaves|
|1/2 cup loosely packed herbs such as fresh parsley|
|rosemary and thyme|
|Salt and pepper|
|6 cups homemade croutons of stale bread or 1 bag stuffing cubes|
|sage and onion or traditional Pepperidge Farm brand|
|1 tablespoon Bell’s ground poultry seasoning|
|1 quart chicken or turkey stock|
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- When butter foams, add the celery, onion, apples, bay, herbs, salt and pepper, and cook to soften 10-12 minutes
- Add cubed bread, season with Bell’s and moisten with stock; stir to absorb
- Butter a casserole dish with 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining butter and fill pan with stuffing
- Use the rest of the butter to dot top
- Roast the stuffing 30-40 minutes until crispy at the edges
AWESOME SAUSAGE, APPLE AND CRANBERRY STUFFING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Stacy M Polcyn
Categories: Sausage Stuffing and Dressing
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|3 ¾ cups cubed white bread|
|1 ½ cups cubed whole wheat bread|
|1 pound ground turkey sausage|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|¾ cup chopped celery|
|2 ½ teaspoons dried sage|
|1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary|
|½ teaspoon dried thyme|
|1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped|
|¾ cup dried cranberries|
|⅓ cup minced fresh parsley|
|1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped|
|¾ cup turkey stock|
|4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread white and whole wheat bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until evenly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Cook sausage and onions in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring and breaking up lumps, until evenly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook and stir until flavors blend, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apple, dried cranberries, parsley, and liver. Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter; mix lightly.
- Allow stuffing to cool completely before loosely stuffing a turkey.
Calories 235.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21.7 g, CholesterolContent 80.2 mg, FatContent 11.6 g, FiberContent 2.1 g, ProteinContent 12.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, SodiumContent 547.5 mg, SugarContent 8.7 g