CLASSIC CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
|1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 Count), softened as directed on box|
|1/3 cup butter or margarine|
|1/3 cup chopped onion|
|1/3 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)|
|1/2 cup milk|
|2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey|
|2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed|
- Heat oven to 425°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 560 , CarbohydrateContent 44 g, CholesterolContent 50 mg, FatContent 5 , FiberContent 4 g, ProteinContent 25 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1210 mg, SugarContent 4 g, TransFatContent 2 1/2 g
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed|
|1 cup chopped cooked chicken|
|1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup|
|1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix|
|1/2 cup milk|
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Add vegetables, chicken and soup and stir to combine.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Calories 220 , CarbohydrateContent 26 g, CholesterolContent 60 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 12 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 670 mg, SugarContent 4 g, TransFatContent 0 g
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Robbie Rice
Categories: Chicken Pot Pie
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
|1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed|
|1 cup sliced carrots|
|1 cup frozen green peas|
|½ cup sliced celery|
|⅓ cup butter|
|⅓ cup chopped onion|
|⅓ cup all-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper|
|¼ teaspoon celery seed|
|1 ¾ cups chicken broth|
|⅔ cup milk|
|2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- Combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan; add water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and drain.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thick, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chicken and vegetables in the bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over top. Cover with top crust, seal the edges, and cut away any excess dough. Make several small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 412 calories, CarbohydrateContent 30.4 g, CholesterolContent 54.9 mg, FatContent 23.9 g, FiberContent 3.3 g, ProteinContent 18.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.1 g, SodiumContent 517 mg, SugarContent 3.2 g
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE POT PIE FROM SCRATCH
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: Thanksgiving,main dish,poultry
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|4 tbsp. butter|
|1/2 c. finely diced onion|
|1/2 c. finely diced carrot|
|1/2 c. finely diced celery|
|3 c. shredded cooked chicken or turkey|
|1/4 c. flour|
|3 c. low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed|
|Splash of white wine (optional)|
|1/4 tsp. turmeric|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Chopped fresh thyme to taste|
|1/4 c. half-and-half or cream|
|1 whole unbaked pie crust|
|1 whole egg|
|2 tbsp. water|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat, then add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir them around until the onions start to turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken or turkey and then sprinkle the flour over the top and stir it until it’s all combined with the turkey and vegetables. Cook for 1 minute, then pour in the chicken broth (and wine if using) and stir it around and let it cook and thicken.
- Once it starts to thicken add the turmeric, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add the half-and-half or cream, then stir the mixture and let it bubble up and thicken, about 3 minutes. If it seems overly thick, splash in a little more broth. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the filling into a 2-quart baking dish. Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface and lay it over the top of the dish. Press the dough so that the edges stick to the outside of the pan. Use a knife to cut little vents here and there in the surface of the dough.
- Mix together the egg with 2 tablespoons water and brush it all over the surface of the crust. (You will have some egg wash left over.)
- Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is deep golden brown and the filling is bubbly. To prevent the crust from getting too brown, you might want to cover it lightly with foil for the first 15 minutes of baking time.
- Serve up servings by the (big ol’) spoonful!