FRESH FRUIT FRANGIPANE TART RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: French Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|3 puff pastry rectangles|
|1 ½ tablespoons butter, softened|
|⅓ cup white sugar|
|1 tablespoon white sugar|
|1 large egg|
|¾ cup almond flour|
|¼ teaspoon fine salt|
|⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract|
|¼ teaspoon almond extract|
|3 pluots, or to taste|
|3 tablespoons apricot jam|
|2 teaspoons water|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place 1 piece of puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Lightly moisten one of the short edges with water. Connect the end of other puff pastry to the moistened edge. Press pieces together to form a long rectangle, trimming off loose ends with a dough scraper as needed.
- Cut third puff pastry piece lengthwise into 1-inch strips. Moisten the outer edges of the long rectangle with your finger; stick pastry strips on top. Poke shallow holes all over bottom of dough using a fork. Do not prick the raised border.
- Bake pastry shell in the preheated oven until it starts to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Readjust the borders and push the bottom down with the flat side of a fork. Let cool completely while preparing filling.
- Place butter and 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl; smear together using a spatula until combined. Whisk in egg until mixture is creamy. Add almond flour, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix thoroughly. Cut each pluot into 6 wedges. Fill pastry shell with almond paste. Stick pluots snugly, but not too deeply, into filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and almond filling is set, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer tart onto a wire rack and let cool completely, at least 40 minutes.
- Combine apricot jam and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Bring to a boil in the microwave. Let cool until warm. Brush glaze over cooled tart.
Calories 396.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39.2 g, CholesterolContent 29 mg, FatContent 24.6 g, FiberContent 2.2 g, ProteinContent 6.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.1 g, SodiumContent 204.3 mg, SugarContent 16.5 g
PUFF-PASTRY TARTS WITH STONE FRUITS AND FRANGIPANE RECIPE | MARTHA …
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Pie & Tarts Recipes
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 6
|1/2 cup blanched whole almonds|
|1/4 cup granulated sugar|
|4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened|
|2 large eggs, room temperature|
|Pinch of coarse salt|
|Pinch of ground cinnamon|
|Unbleached all-purpose flour, for dusting|
|1 sheet frozen puff pastry, preferably all-butter, thawed|
|1 pound assorted stone fruits, such as apricots, peaches, nectarines, and plums, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, such as Sugar in the Raw|
|Unsprayed fresh edible flowers, such as micro marigolds (available at farmers’ markets and gourmetsweetbotanicals.com), for serving (optional)|
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add granulated sugar, butter, 1 egg, salt, and cinnamon; process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water. On a lightly floured surface, cut pastry into 6 four-inch-squares and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush edges of pastry with egg wash. Spread 2 teaspoons almond mixture in center of each square; top with 4 pieces fruit. Sprinkle each tart with some turbinado sugar.
- Bake until tarts are golden brown and fruit has softened, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with flowers; serve.
ALMOND PASTRY PUFF | EGG RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 28 minutes
|100 g blanched almonds|
|1 tablespoon double cream plus extra to serve|
|75 g icing sugar plus extra for dusting|
|2 large eggs|
|375 g block of all-butter puff pastry (cold)|
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Blitz the almonds in a food processor until nice and fine. With the processor still running, add the cream, icing sugar, 1 egg and a pinch of sea salt until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula, if needed.
- Halve the pastry, shape into two rounds and, working quickly, dusting with icing sugar as you go to stop the pastry sticking, roll out between two sheets of greaseproof paper until they’re just under ½cm thick.
- Place one round on the lined tray. Spread the almond paste on top, leaving a 2cm gap at the edges. Put the other round on top and gently push together. Quickly seal the edges with the back of a fork. Eggwash the top, then dust over an extra layer of sugar.
- Gently push your finger into the middle of the pastry, then, with a sharp knife, very delicately make little lines from the centre to the outside.
- Bake on the bottom of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until puffed up and golden, dusting with a little extra icing sugar before dishing up.
Calories 443 calories, FatContent 29.2 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 12.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 8.9 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 36.7 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 14.7 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.7 g salt, FiberContent 0.9 g fibre
PEACH PUFF PASTRY TART WITH ALMONDS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Lizzie Harris
Categories: Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 20 minutes
|plain flour , for dusting|
|500g block all-butter puff pastry|
|6 just-ripe peaches (about 700g/1lb 9oz)|
|140g butter , at room temperature|
|100g golden caster sugar , plus 1 tsp extra for sprinkling|
|140g ground almonds|
|1 large egg|
|finely grated zest 1 lemon|
|½ tsp almond extract|
|2 tbsp sweet sherry or Disaronno (optional)|
|25g flaked almonds|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 3mm thickness. Cut a circle about 33cm in diameter with a sharp knife, using a plate or anything round as a guide. Using the rolling pin, transfer to the baking tray and score a circle 1cm in from the edge.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins until lightly puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and gently push the centre down with the back of a large spoon so that you have a flat base with a raised border.
- Meanwhile, halve and stone the peaches, then slice thinly. In a bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, ground almonds, egg, lemon zest, almond extract and sherry, if using. Spread the frangipane evenly over the pastry, leaving the border free. Top with the peach slices, neatly overlapping them in circles. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar and the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30 mins, then turn the oven down to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, cover the tart lightly with foil and cook for a further 30-40 mins. The frangipane should puff up between the peaches and be golden brown and set in the centre. Cool on a wire rack, then slice and serve. Leftovers will keep for 1 day.
Calories 602 calories, FatContent 41 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 17 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 44 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 22 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 11 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.8 milligram of sodium