FRIED BEAN CURD (TOFU) WITH SOY SAUCE BY SY RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 pieces
|18 ounces regular tofu, slice into 8 pieces (Approx. 1/2″ x 4″ x2 1/2-inch size)|
|1/4 cup peanut oil|
|2 scallions, sliced thinly (diagonal cut)|
|1 long hot green peppers (diagonal cut) or 1 hot red pepper, medium hot, remove seeds and slice thinly (diagonal cut)|
|1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)|
|2 tablespoons soup stock|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame oil|
- Place oil in a pan and use low to medium heat (a Teflon pan works best).
- Fry half the bean curd until golden brown, turn as needed and then remove to a serving plate.
- Fry and remove the balance of the bean curd.
- Place the sliced scallions and peppers on top of the fried bean curd.
- In the wok with a little oil remaining, add sesame seeds (option) fry briefly.
- Then add the stock, soy sauce, sesame oil.
- Stir once until heated and then pour over the tofu in the serving plate.
- Note: Do not use soft or silken tofu.
Calories 107.2, FatContent 9.4, SaturatedFatContent 1.5, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 257.5, CarbohydrateContent 2.2, FiberContent 0.3, SugarContent 0.9, ProteinContent 4.8