BETTER THAN BEST FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: CANDY WOO LI
Categories: Fried Chicken
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup|
|1 large egg|
|seasoning salt to taste|
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|½ cup all-purpose flour|
|½ cup cornstarch|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon paprika|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|oil for frying|
- Combine condensed soup, egg, and seasoning salt (be careful, as soup is already salted) in a shallow dish or bowl; mix well. Dip chicken in mixture and turn to coat completely. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Place chicken pieces, one at a time, in the bag, seal and shake to coat. Add more flour and cornstarch as necessary, but add them in equal parts.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Be sure to use enough oil to cover chicken pieces.
- Place coated chicken on a platter; allow to sit until outside becomes doughy (this is critical to ensure crispiness when fried). Once chicken coating is doughy, test oil by dropping a piece of coating into it; oil is ready if it starts to fry immediately.
- Working in batches, fry chicken pieces in hot oil until cooked through and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Calories 530.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.5 g, CholesterolContent 121 mg, FatContent 29.3 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 32.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.8 g, SodiumContent 595.6 mg, SugarContent 0.7 g