FRIED EGG SANDWICH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Erica
Categories: Breakfast Sandwiches
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 teaspoons butter|
|4 large eggs|
|4 slices processed American cheese|
|8 slices toasted white bread|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|2 tablespoons ketchup|
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Crack eggs into the pan and cook to desired firmness. Just before eggs are cooked, place a slice of cheese over each egg; continue to cook until cheese has melted.
- Transfer each egg to a toasted slice of bread. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on remaining slices of bread and cover eggs with bread to make 4 sandwiches. Serve warm.
Calories 385.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.2 g, CholesterolContent 220.6 mg, FatContent 23 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, ProteinContent 16.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.6 g, SodiumContent 969.8 mg, SugarContent 4.5 g
FRIED EGG SANDWICH RECIPE | CLAIRE THOMAS | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Claire Thomas : Food Network
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
|1 tablespoon ketchup|
|1/2 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce|
|2 slices sourdough bread|
|2 slices Cheddar|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1 slice bacon, halved|
- Combine the ketchup and chipotle and spread on the inside of each piece of bread. Place the cheese between the bread at an angle so that the edges hangover the sides of the bread. Butter the outside of one bread slice with half the butter. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Press the sandwich on, buttered-side down. Press until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has started to melt. Butter the other side (which is facing up) with the remaining butter and flip. Cook until golden brown and the cheese is gooey, this should all take 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the sandwich from the heat and hold.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until barely crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip the bacon, pushing the two pieces next to each other to form a square. Crack the egg on top, cooking into the bacon. Continue cooking until the egg is set, about 5 minutes. Open up the sandwich (use a spoon to help pull apart the bread) and slide in the eggs and bacon. Close up, slice and enjoy.
BEST FRIED EGG SANDWICH RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
|2 teaspoons butter|
|salt and pepper|
|2 slices whole wheat bread|
- Place a small pan on a burner.
- Add the butter and heat on medium high heat. (Make sure not to heat the pan on high, or else the egg will turn rubbery.).
- After the butter has melted, crack the egg in the pan.
- Let sit for about a minute.
- Pop the yolk.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When egg is set, flip over and cook other side.
- Cook egg to your liking.
- Meanwhile, spread mayonaise on bread and place cheese.
- Place the cooked egg on top of the cheese, so it will melt.
- Top with other slice of bread.
Calories 277, FatContent 14.2, SaturatedFatContent 6.8, CholesterolContent 206.2, SodiumContent 402.2, CarbohydrateContent 23.5, FiberContent 3.8, SugarContent 3.3, ProteinContent 13.6