HOMEMADE FRITOS RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Jennifer Steinhauer
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 to 4 snack-size servings
|80 grams (about 1/2 cup) stone-ground or other fine cornmeal (do not use whole grain)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed|
|1 teaspoon olive oil or vegetable oil|
|Vegetable oil for frying, optional|
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut 2 pieces of parchment the same size as a baking sheet and set aside. Bring about 3/4 cup water to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornmeal and salt. Add 1/3 cup boiling water and mix with a fork until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon oil and mix again. The batter should be thick and slightly runny; if necessary, add more boiling water 1 teaspoon at a time for the desired consistency.
- Place one sheet of parchment on a work surface, and scrape the batter into the center. Top with the second sheet of parchment and gently roll out the batter to about .33-inch thick. Transfer the parchment and rolled batter to the baking sheet. Remove the top sheet of parchment and score the batter into small rectangles. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool and break apart. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired, and serve. Or, fry the chips as described below.
- Set aside a plate lined with a paper towel. Fill a small skillet with about 1.5 inches vegetable oil. Place over medium heat and allow to heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Test with a small piece of a chip; it should sink to the bottom of the pan, sizzle, float to the top and turn pale golden brown in about 30 seconds. Fry half the chips, using a metal strainer to transfer to the paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining chips. Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 112, UnsaturatedFatContent 2 grams, CarbohydrateContent 21 grams, FatContent 2 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 2 grams, SaturatedFatContent 0 grams, SodiumContent 66 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams
FRITOS™ PIE CASSEROLE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef|
|1 cup chopped onions|
|1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix|
|2/3 cup water|
|1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce|
|1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed|
|1 bag (9.25 oz) Fritos™ corn chips (about 5 1/2 cups)|
|2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)|
|1/4 cup chopped green onions|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 cup refrigerated guacamole|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in enchilada sauce and black beans; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 4 cups of the corn chips in single layer in baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the cheese; spoon beef mixture over cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Top with remaining corn chips and the green onions. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Calories 540 , CarbohydrateContent 35 g, CholesterolContent 75 mg, FatContent 4 1/2 , FiberContent 5 g, ProteinContent 22 g, SaturatedFatContent 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1130 mg, SugarContent 4 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
CHILI CHEESE FRITOS CORN SALAD — LET’S DISH RECIPES
Provided by: Danelle
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|2 (15 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained|
|1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese|
|1 cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1/4 cup chopped green onion|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 (10.5 oz.) bag coarsely crushed Chili Cheese Fritos corn chips|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- In a large bowl, toss together corn, cheese, red pepper and green onion. Stir in sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Stir in corn chips just before serving. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories 374 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 35 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 30 grams fat, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 8 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 475 milligrams sodium, SugarContent 2 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 19 grams unsaturated fat