BREAKFAST PIZZA RECIPE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 cup (5 oz) all purpose or white whole wheat flour*|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular, drained if theres any liquid)|
|handful baby spinach|
|2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|8 cherry tomatoes (sliced)|
|4 large eggs|
|2 strips cooked center cut bacon (chopped)|
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Place a silicone liner on a large baking sheet or spray with oil if using parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide into 4 equal balls about 3-3/8 oz each.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with a little flour roll the dough out into thin ovals 7 to 8 inches in diameter and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with spinach, mozzarella and tomatoes, leaving the center open for the egg. Gently break an egg the center of each dough and finish with bacon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the egg is set. Season with salt and pepper.
ServingSize 1 pizza, Calories 271 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 27 g, ProteinContent 20.5 g, FatContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, CholesterolContent 198.5 mg, SodiumContent 568 mg, FiberContent 1.5 g, SugarContent 2.5 g
AMAZING BREAKFAST PIZZA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
|2 -3 eggs (depending on your taste)|
|1/4 cup milk|
|6 ounces shredded yellow cheddar cheese|
|6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese|
|3 ounces deli ham, sliced into 2 inch strips|
|3 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled|
|5 breakfast sausage links, chunked|
|1/4 minced onion (optional)|
|chopped chives (for garnish)|
- This recipe is a lot quicker if you precook your Bacon and Sausage the night before and store them in your refrigerator as I do — the prep time will be based on this.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- For the Pizza Dough, if you can find it frozen, uncooked, and preshaped. it’s a huge time saver. If not, just prepare it as you would normally on a large pizza pan (I make the crust about 1/4 thick). Excluding the 1 1/2 of the outer crust, make little indentations with your fingertips in the dough. This helps the egg settle and cook more evenly.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, and pour over the center of the crust. Use your fingers, or a pastry brush to evenly disperse the egg.
- Evenly cover the egg with the strips of ham.
- Scatter the sausages, and if you want to have them, add the onion. Salt and pepper it lightly.
- Add a blanket of the Mozzarella cheese, then the Cheddar.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon.
- Put this wonderful pie in the oven on the center rack and check it after 15 minutes. It’s hard for me to give an approximate cooking time as I used a ride through oven for 7 minutes at 475°F at my work. If it looks done, then it is. The egg layer is thin enough to cook in 10 minutes or so, so it’s really just about the crust and how you like it.
- Once you’ve deemed it to be done, take it out of your oven and garnish it with some chopped chives. Slice, and enjoy! It’s great on the go, and is wonderful hot or cold. I’m hoping this recipe will make your household as happy as it made my customers :).
Calories 329.8, FatContent 24.9, SaturatedFatContent 12.8, CholesterolContent 139.3, SodiumContent 895.4, CarbohydrateContent 2.3, FiberContent 0.2, SugarContent 0.5, ProteinContent 23.4