QUICK AND EASY HOME FRIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: magicallydelicious
Categories: Potato Side Dishes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3 medium russet potatoes, cubed|
|3 tablespoons butter or margarine|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Rinse potato cubes with cold water and drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet and season with salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook, turning frequently, until brown and crisp on all sides, about 10 more minutes.
Calories 199.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.9 g, CholesterolContent 22.9 mg, FatContent 8.8 g, FiberContent 3.5 g, ProteinContent 3.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.5 g, SodiumContent 70.9 mg, SugarContent 1.3 g
BREAKFAST POTATOES (HOME FRIES)
Provided by: Cathy
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3 tbsps olive oil|
|1-1/2 lbs Russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 medium-sized potatoes)|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp table salt|
|1/2 tsp smoked paprika|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|fresh cilantro, parsley or sliced scallion, for garnish (optional)|
- Add the oil to a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the potatoes, spreading them out in an even layer, and turn the heat down to medium. Drape a piece of foil over the skillet (or place a lid slightly ajar on top) and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, use a thin metal spatula to flip the potatoes.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes ,add the onion and bell pepper and turn the heat down to medium-low. Drape apiece of foil over the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Use a thin metal spatula to flip halfway through.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Turn the heat down to low and cook (uncovered) for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle cilantro, parsley, or sliced scallion on top.
- Serve immediately for the crispiest results.
Calories 220 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 28 g, ProteinContent 6 g, FatContent 10.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, SodiumContent 601 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 3 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 8.6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
HOW TO MAKE DINER-STYLE HOME FRIES | KITCHN
Provided by: Kelli Foster
Categories: Breakfast,Side dish
Total time: 0S
|1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes (about 3 medium or 2 large potatoes)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, diced|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon smoked paprika|
- Cut the potatoes: Once the potatoes are washed and scrubbed well, cut into half-inch cubes.
- Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with water: Add the cubed potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with cold water to about one inch above the potatoes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Parboil the potatoes: With the saucepan uncovered, bring the water to a boil, then cook for an additional minute or two to parboil the potatoes.
- Cook the onions: While the water comes to a boil, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat. When hot, add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Test the potatoes for doneness: To test the potatoes for doneness, stick the tip of a paring knife into a few of the potato cubes. The flesh should feel slightly firm, but softer and more tender than before cooking. The potatoes should not feel mushy.
- Drain the potatoes: Drain the potatoes in a colander, shake off any excess water, and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet: Heat the remaining olive oil and butter in a wide cast iron pan or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, season, and cook: When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat with the oil. Spread the potatoes in a single layer across the bottom of the pan, working in batches if necessary. Cook the potatoes, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes, so the bottoms become nicely browned and crispy.
- Add cooked onions and spices: Add cooked onions, garlic powder, and paprika to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately: Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately.
SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 34.3 g, SugarContent 2.3 g, ServingSize Serves 4, ProteinContent 4.2 g, FatContent 9.9 g, Calories 234 cal, SodiumContent 487.2 mg, FiberContent 3.1 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg