CHUNKY MONKEY ICE CREAM RECIPE
Provided by: Ice Cream From Scratch
Total time: 7 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 cups heavy cream|
|1 cup whole milk|
|3/4 cup granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2-3 bananas, ripe (1 cup mashed)|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|½ cup chocolate chunks|
- Chill the ice cream bowl for at least 24 hours or until solid. You should not hear any water sloshing around when you shake the bowl. In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved into the mixture. You should not feel any grit if you rub the mixture together between two fingers.
- Add the bananas to a medium bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork. You should get about 1 cup of mashed bananas.
- Add the mashed bananas to the ice cream base. Mix to combine.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in the bowl of your ice cream machine according to your manufacturer’s instructions (mine took about 25 minutes), until it is thick and the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- In the last two minutes of the churn, add the chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks. Reserve two tablespoons of both the walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the ice cream into a shallow container or a loaf pan. Sprinkle reserved walnuts and chocolate chunks over the top.
- Press plastic wrap or wax paper to the surface of the ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until solid.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 652 calories, CarbohydrateContent 54 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 97 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 47 grams fat, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 23 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 228 milligrams sodium, SugarContent 44 grams sugar, TransFatContent 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 21 grams unsaturated fat
HOMEMADE CHUNKY MONKEY ICE CREAM
Provided by: Gaby
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|4 ripe bananas (frozen and then thawed)|
|1 lemon (juiced)|
|1 2/3 cup heavy cream|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup chocolate chunks|
|1 cup brownie bits|
- Combine the bananas, lemon juice, cream and sugar into a food processor and combine for 1 minute until smooth.
- Remove ice cream bowl from the freezer and place into ice cream machine. Transfer banana mixture to the frozen bowl and add the walnuts, chocolate chunks and 1/2 the brownie bits. Freeze according to the manufactures directions. Carefully stir in remaining brownie bits at the end.
- Remove ice cream from the bowl and place into a freezer safe container for at least 2 hours before serving.
HEALTHY CHUNKY MONKEY ICE CREAM RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Living the Healthier Life
Categories: Banana Desserts
Total time: 8 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|2 bananas, chopped|
|1 tablespoon 1% milk|
|1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter|
|½ ounce dark chocolate (such as Ghiradelli®), chopped|
- Place chopped bananas in freezer until frozen, 8 hours to overnight.
- Blend frozen bananas, milk, peanut butter, and chocolate in a blender until smooth.
Calories 189.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.8 g, CholesterolContent 0.4 mg, FatContent 6.4 g, FiberContent 3.8 g, ProteinContent 3.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.9 g, SodiumContent 45.9 mg, SugarContent 15.5 g