BEST FRENCH DIP RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE FRENCH DIP
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low sugar,nut-free,weeknight meals,winter,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|3 boneless ribeye steaks (about 3 pounds)|
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp. kosher salt|
|2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tsp. dried oregano|
|1 tsp. dried ground sage|
|1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp. minced fresh thyme|
|1 1/2 c. low-sodium beef broth|
|2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|6 hoagie rolls|
|12 slices provolone|
- Preheat oven to 450°. Rub beef all over with olive oil and place in roasting pan. In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, oregano, and sage. Rub spice mix all over beef. Roast for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 125° in the thickest part of the ribeye. Set aside on a cutting board to rest and turn oven down to 350°.
- Meanwhile, make jus: Place roasting pan (with beef drippings) over stove top burner and turn to medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute longer. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring up to a simmer. Cook until thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- When ready to serve, thinly slice beef. Fill each roll with beef and top with provolone. Bake until cheese is melty, 10 minutes.
- Serve with jus on the side for dipping.
EASY FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: writergirl
Categories: Heroes, Hoagies and Subs
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
|4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise|
|1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consomme|
|1 cup water|
|1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef|
|8 slices provolone cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Open hoagie rolls and lay them out on a baking sheet.
- Heat beef consommé and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to make a rich beef broth. Place roast beef in broth and warm for 3 minutes. Arrange meat on hoagie rolls and top each roll with 2 slices of provolone.
- Bake sandwiches in the preheated oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve sandwiches with small bowls of warm broth for dipping.
Calories 547.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 40.5 g, CholesterolContent 93.7 mg, FatContent 22.6 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 44.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 12.1 g, SodiumContent 2309.6 mg, SugarContent 3.5 g
FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES – HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRENCH DIP SANDWICH
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: comfort food,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 10 servings
|1 boneless ribeye loin or sirloin (about 4 to 5 pounds)|
|1 tbsp. kosher salt|
|2 tbsp. black pepper|
|1/2 tsp. ground oregano|
|1/2 tsp. ground thyme|
|2 whole large onions, thinly sliced|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 whole packet French onion soup mix (dry)|
|1 can beef consomme|
|1 c. beef broth or beef stock|
|1/4 c. dry sherry or white wine (optional)|
|2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbsp. soy sauce|
|1 c. water|
|10 whole crusty deli rolls or sub rolls, toasted|
- Preheat the oven to 475˚ degrees. Tie the piece of meat tightly with a couple of pieces of kitchen twine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the surface of the beef. Place the beef on a roasting rack in a roasting pan and roast it to medium-rare, about 20 to 25 minutes, until it registers 125˚ degrees on a meat thermometer. (If you want it less pink, go to 135˚.) Remove the meat to a cutting board and cover it with foil.
- Place the roasting pan on the stovetop burner over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until they are soft and golden. Sprinkle in the soup mix, then pour in the consomme, broth, sherry, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, to develop the flavors. Add more water if it starts to evaporate too much. Pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and reserve both the liquid and the onions.
- Slice the beef very thin. Pile the beef and caramelized onions on the toasted rolls, then serve with a side of jus.