HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE | MELISSA D’ARABIAN | FOOD …
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon granulated garlic|
|Kosher salt and ground black pepper|
|2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|1 cup prepared breadcrumbs|
|1 large egg|
|1 cup vegetable oil|
- Place the flour in a resealable plastic bag and season with the garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the chicken pieces in the bag with the flour and toss to coat (work in batches). Transfer the breadcrumbs to a rimmed plate, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a medium bowl. Remove a piece of chicken from the flour, dip in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, gently pressing the crumbs into the chicken, and set on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan (work in batches if needed) and brown on each side, about 8 minutes total. Use a spatula to transfer the chicken nuggets to a paper-towel-lined plate. Salt while hot and serve.
THE BEST EVER CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Nichole
Categories: Fried Chicken
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|vegetable oil for frying|
|4 cups all-purpose flour|
|6 tablespoons garlic salt|
|3 tablespoons ground black pepper|
|4 large eggs, beaten|
|8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into small chunks|
- Heat 1 inch oil in a large skillet or saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together flour, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl. Dip chicken pieces into beaten eggs, then press each piece into flour mixture to coat well; shake off excess flour. Place coated chicken pieces onto a plate.
- Working in batches, fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown and no longer pink in the center. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Calories 514.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 51.2 g, CholesterolContent 162.2 mg, FatContent 17.8 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 35.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 4174.7 mg, SugarContent 0.4 g