BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH SOUR CREAM AND COTTAGE CHEESE RECIPE
Provided by: Carolinagirl
Categories: Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch dish
|1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni|
|2 (8 ounce) packages mild Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided|
|1 (8 ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded|
|¾ cup sour cream|
|¾ cup cottage cheese|
|1 large egg|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Reserve 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese; set aside.
- Mix together remaining mild Cheddar cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and egg in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir cooked macaroni into cheese mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup mild Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 414.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.6 g, CholesterolContent 80.9 mg, FatContent 23.2 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, ProteinContent 21.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 14.3 g, SodiumContent 419.7 mg, SugarContent 1.4 g
CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni|
|1/2 cup butter, cubed|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2 to 2 cups 2% milk|
|1 cup sour cream|
|8 ounces cubed Velveeta|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground mustard|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|2 cups shredded cheddar cheese|
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. , Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add 1-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, Velveeta, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted. Add more milk to reach desired consistency. , Drain macaroni; toss with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in cream sauce. , Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Calories 653 calories, FatContent 46g fat (30g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 143mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1141mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 25g protein.