GRILLED BBQ SHORT RIBS WITH DRY RUB RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Reynolds KitchensR
Categories: BBQ & Grilled Beef Ribs
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 35 minutes
|1 tablespoon packed brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|4 pounds beef short ribs (bone-in), trimmed of fat|
|Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil|
|½ cup barbecue sauce, plus additional for serving|
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Cut ribs into 4 equal portions. Generously rub spice mixture onto all surfaces of ribs; place ribs in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium indirect heat, 375 to 400 degrees F (190 to 200 degrees C).
- Center one portion ribs on a 12×18-inch sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil; add 2 ice cubes. Bring up the foil sides, then double-fold the top and ends to seal the packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 3 more packets.
- Arrange packets over indirect heat on the preheated grill. Cover and cook until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Uncover the grill. Keeping the foil packets on the grill, open them carefully by cutting along the top folds with a sharp knife, allowing steam to escape; then proceed to open packets fully.
- Brush ribs with about 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Move packets over direct heat, cover, and continue grilling, turning once, until ribs are browned and crisp, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce as desired.
Calories 1007 calories, CarbohydrateContent 17.2 g, CholesterolContent 186.4 mg, FatContent 83.9 g, FiberContent 1.6 g, ProteinContent 43.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 35.4 g, SodiumContent 1053.8 mg, SugarContent 11.9 g