CHEF JOHN’S PERFECT PRIME RIB RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Prime Rib
Total time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 (4 pound) prime rib roast|
|¼ cup unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon herbes de Provence|
|kosher salt to taste|
- Place prime rib roast on a plate and bring to room temperature, 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Combine butter, pepper, and herbes de Provence in a bowl; mix until well blended. Spread butter mixture evenly over entire roast. Season roast generously with kosher salt.
- Roast the 4-pound roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. (If your roast is larger or smaller than 4 pounds, see footnote to calculate cooking time.)
- Turn oven off and, leaving the roast in the oven with the door closed, let the roast sit in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove roast from the oven, slice, and serve.
Calories 1756.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 361.6 mg, FatContent 160.6 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 72.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 69.5 g, SodiumContent 342.7 mg
BEST PRIME RIB RECIPE – HOW TO COOK PRIME RIB
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|1 standing rib roast (about 1/2 pound per person)|
|1 tbsp. kosher salt|
|2 tsp. black pepper|
|1 bunch fresh rosemary|
- Remove rib roast from packaging and place in a roasting pan. Let come to room temperature about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450º.
- Generously cover all sides of rib roast with salt and pepper. Place roast in a roasting pan fat-side up. Arrange half the rosemary in the bottom of the pan around the roast.
- Roast 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º and cook 1 hour 30 minutes more for medium rare. (Plan on about 15 minutes per pound.)
- Remove roast from oven, cover with foil, and let rest 20 minutes.
- To serve, slice along ribs to remove them, then separate each rib and put them aside. Slice the roast crossways against the grain. Serve on a platter with the ribs and remaining half fresh rosemary.
Calories 503 calories