SAVORY PAN-SEARED TUNA STEAKS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: meg_in_quebec
Categories: Tuna Recipes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|¼ cup soy sauce|
|¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil|
|2 teaspoons molasses|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste|
|6 thin slices fresh ginger, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 1-inch-thick tuna steaks, thawed|
- Mix together soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, sesame oil, molasses, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic in a bowl.
- Place tuna steaks in a large resealable plastic bag or airtight container; pour marinade over steaks. Marinate steaks at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Remove steaks from marinade and arrange in the hot pan; gently shake the pan to avoid sticking. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until desired doneness is reached, 1 to 2 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium-rare.
Calories 592 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.5 g, CholesterolContent 65.2 mg, FatContent 41.4 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 42.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.8 g, SodiumContent 1874.6 mg, SugarContent 5 g
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Bethany Joyful
Categories: Main Dish Tuna
Total time: 7 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|2 (5 ounce) ahi tuna steaks|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|½ tablespoon butter|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon whole peppercorns|
- Pat tuna steaks dry and season on both sides with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and pepper corns; cook until peppercorns soften and pop, about 5 minutes.
- Gently place seasoned tuna in the skillet and cook to desired doneness, anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Slice tuna into 1/4-inch thick slices to serve.
Calories 300.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.7 g, CholesterolContent 71.4 mg, FatContent 17.8 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 33.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, SodiumContent 1033.6 mg