HOMEMADE RAVIOLI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 02 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 02 hours 00 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|6 large eggs|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes|
|1-1/2 cups tomato puree|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/3 cup water|
|1/3 cup tomato paste|
|3 tablespoons sugar|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh basil|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese|
|2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 large egg, lightly beaten|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh basil|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
- Place 5 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 4-6 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally., In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use., Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll 1 portion to 1/16-in. thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoons of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Fold sheet over; press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling., Bring a soup kettle of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook until ravioli float to the top and are tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain. Spoon sauce over ravioli.
Calories 856 calories, FatContent 27g fat (13g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 279mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1139mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 110g carbohydrate (19g sugars, FiberContent 7g fiber), ProteinContent 42g protein.
HOMEMADE FOUR CHEESE RAVIOLI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Callie1025
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20 ravioli
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 pinch salt|
|1 ½ tablespoons water|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese|
|1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened|
|½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|½ cup shredded provolone cheese|
|1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto sauce|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce|
|1 tablespoon water|
- Mound the flour and salt together on a work surface and form a well. Beat eggs, water, and olive oil in a bowl. Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into the well. Begin mixing egg and flour with one hand; use your other hand to keep the flour mound steady. Add the remaining egg mixture and knead to form a dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth, 8 to 10 minutes; add more flour if the dough is too sticky. Form dough into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the ravioli filling. Mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, and parsley until well combined. Set the filling aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add crushed garlic and pesto sauce and cook for one minute. Stir in heavy cream, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Remove the pan from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, warm marinara sauce over medium-low heat in a separate saucepan.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat the egg with the tablespoon of water to make the egg wash.
- Roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets no thicker than a nickel. To assemble the ravioli, brush the egg wash over a sheet of pasta. Drop cheese filling in 1-teaspoon portions onto the dough, 1-inch apart.
- Cover the filling with the top sheet of pasta; use your fingers to press around each portion of filling, making the seal as airtight as possible. Cut out individual ravioli with a knife or pizza cutter. Use your fingers to seal the edges.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the ravioli and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the ravioli float to the top and the filling is hot, 4 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Grease a baking sheet. Place the cooked ravioli on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until brown, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, divide ravioli between four warmed serving bowls. Drizzle marinara sauce on top, followed by cream sauce.
Calories 1269.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 80.4 g, CholesterolContent 406.5 mg, FatContent 89.2 g, FiberContent 6.5 g, ProteinContent 37.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 46.7 g, SodiumContent 1358.9 mg, SugarContent 16 g
EASY RAVIOLI BAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic pasta sauce (any variety)|
|1 package (25 to 27 1/2 oz) frozen cheese-filled ravioli|
|2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)|
|2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2-inches, with cooking spray.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce in baking dish. Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in single layer over sauce; top with half of the remaining pasta sauce and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 300 , CarbohydrateContent 25 g, CholesterolContent 100 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 16 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1070 mg, SugarContent 4 g, TransFatContent 0 g