TRAEGER SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPE – TRAEGER GRILLS
Provided by: Traeger Kitchen
Prep time: 30 minutes00S
Cook time: 2 hours 0 minutes00S
|pink curing salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|Hog casings, soaked and rinsed in cold water|
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground pork, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, pink curing salt, kosher salt, and black pepper and mix until the seasonings are well incorporated.
- Add the ice water to the pork mixture and mix with your hands, working quickly, until incorporated.
- Place the pork mixture into a sausage stuffer and stuff it into the hog casing, following the manufacturer's instructions. Do not overstuff or the casing may burst.
- Once the casing is stuffed, determine your desired link length and pinch and twist a couple of times or tie it off at even intervals until the entire length is divided into links.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 225℉ and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke, if available.
- Insert the probe into the thickest part of one of the links. Place the links directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and cook until the internal temperature registers 155℉, 1-2 hours. Let the sausage rest for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!