CARAMEL TOPPED ICE CREAM DESSERT RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Provided by: Land O’Lakes
Categories: Ice Cream,Cream,Caramel,Dairy,Dessert
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
|2 cups (about 16) finely crushed shortbread cookies|
|1/4 cup cashews, finely chopped|
|1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter melted|
|1 half gallon vanilla ice cream, softened|
|1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1 1/2 cups powdered sugar|
|1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter|
|2 (5-ounce) cans evaporated milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
|1 cup pretzel sticks, coarsely crushed|
|1/2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped|
|1 (12-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed|
- Combine all crust ingredients in bowl; mix well. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch baking pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover; freeze 1-2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, combine all fudge layer ingredients except vanilla in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7-9 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Pour cooled fudge layer mixture over frozen ice cream. Freeze 4 hours or overnight until set.
- Combine pretzel sticks and cashews in bowl; set aside.
- Let dessert stand at room temperature 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut into servings; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon pretzel mixture. Drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon caramel topping.
Calories 490 calories, FatContent 27 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 70 milligrams, SodiumContent 350 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 59 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 6 grams
THE ONLY ICE CREAM RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED – NYT COOKING
Then flavor it any way you like. See the chart here for more than 16 flavor ideas. Or invent your own.
Provided by: Melissa Clark
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 1 1/2 pints
|2 cups heavy cream|
|1 cup whole milk|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt|
|6 large egg yolks|
|Your choice of flavoring (see note)|
- In a small pot, simmer heavy cream, milk, sugar and salt until sugar completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks. Whisking constantly, slowly whisk about a third of the hot cream into the yolks, then whisk the yolk mixture back into the pot with the cream. Return pot to medium-low heat and gently cook until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Cool mixture to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturers’ instructions. Serve directly from the machine for soft serve, or store in freezer until needed.