ITALIAN SAUSAGE BEAN SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 01 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
|1 pound bulk Italian sausage|
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|3 garlic cloves, sliced|
|4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 cup medium pearl barley|
|1 large carrot, sliced|
|1 celery rib, sliced|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh sage|
|1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed|
|6 cups chopped fresh kale|
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain., Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, barley, carrot, celery, sage and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes., Stir in kale; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Calories 339 calories, FatContent 9g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 23mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1100mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, FiberContent 11g fiber), ProteinContent 19g protein.
PASTA, SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Jean Jamieson
Yield: Serves 8
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 pound Italian sausages, castings removed|
|1 1/2 cups chopped onions|
|1 1/2 cups diced carrots|
|1 celery stalk with leaves, chopped|
|1 tablespoon chopped garlic|
|1 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage|
|5 cups canned chicken broth|
|1 14 1/2-to 16-ounce can diced tomatoes|
|1 15- to 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained|
|1 cup elbow macaroni|
- Heat oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausages and sauté until beginning to brown, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, rosemary, crushed red pepper and sage. Sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes with their juices and beans. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
- Add macaroni to soup and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP – THE LEMON BOWL®
Provided by: Liz DellaCroce
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 lb Italian turkey sausage|
|1 large onion (diced)|
|3 carrots (diced)|
|4 celery stalks (diced)|
|4 cloves garlic (grated)|
|1 teaspoon chili flakes|
|1 bay leaf|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 lb dried beans (soaked overnight or two cans any bean)|
|8 cups chicken broth|
|32 oz can diced tomatoes|
|chopped parsley (optional garnish)|
|parmesan cheese (optional garnish)|
- Heat a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Remove sausage from casings and add to pan. Cook until browned, 8-9 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break down into bite-sized pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add diced onion, carrots and celery. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to get the juices released from the veggies and cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Add garlic, chili flakes and bay leaf. Cook for 30 seconds to release flavors then add beans, cooked sausage, broth and diced tomatoes.
- Bring pot to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Serve with chopped parsley and parmesan.
Calories 222 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 27.6 g, ProteinContent 19.6 g, FatContent 6.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g, CholesterolContent 41 mg, SodiumContent 677 mg, FiberContent 11.2 g, SugarContent 6.3 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 4.9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Sharon
Categories: Bean and Pea Soups
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed|
|2 carrots, thinly sliced|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms|
|⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|3 cups water|
|1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)|
|2 cubes beef bouillon|
|½ teaspoon dried sage|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Heat a pot over medium heat. Cook and stir turkey sausage in the hot pot until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir carrots, onion, mushrooms, 1/4 cup parsley, and garlic into sausage. Cook and stir until onion is soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Pour water, garbanzo beans with liquid, beef bouillon cubes, and sage into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Skim and discard any accumulated fat. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with remaining 4 teaspoons parsley.
Calories 306.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.7 g, CholesterolContent 85.7 mg, FatContent 12.4 g, FiberContent 5 g, ProteinContent 26.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, SodiumContent 1612.8 mg, SugarContent 3.6 g