HOW TO COOK A KANSAS CITY STRIP STEAK RECIPE – DEBRAGGA
PAN-SEARED STRIP STEAK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Robin Bashinsky
Total time: 51 minutes
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces beef and 3/4 teaspoon butter mixture)
|2 (12-ounce) lean, grass-fed New York strip steaks|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|¾ teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 thyme sprigs|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
- Let steaks stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over steaks. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low; add butter, thyme, and garlic to pan. Carefully grasp pan handle using an oven mitt or folded dish towel. Tilt pan toward you so butter pools; cook 1 1/2 minutes, basting steaks with butter constantly. Remove steaks from pan; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Reserve butter mixture.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Discard thyme and garlic; spoon reserved butter mixture over steak.
Calories 197 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.3 g, CholesterolContent 73 mg, FatContent 10.2 g, ProteinContent 26.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.4 g, SodiumContent 410 mg
COFFEE-RUBBED KANSAS CITY STRIP STEAKS | HY-VEE
Provided by: Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 tbsp. of Hy-Vee sugar|
|2 tbsp. of finely ground coffee|
|1 tbsp. of Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|1 tbsp. of Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|0 Kosher salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|4 (8 oz each) boneless Kansas City strip steaks, 1 inch thick|
- 1. For rub, in a small bowl combine sugar, coffee and garlic. Lightly brush steaks with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Season steaks evenly with the rub. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill for direct cooking to medium heat. Grill steaks to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degrees). Let steaks rest for 3 to 5 minutes so juices can redistribute evenly throughout the steak.
Calories 460, FatContent 19g, SaturatedFatContent 6g, TransFatContent 0g, CholesterolContent 95mg, SodiumContent 135mg, CarbohydrateContent 9g, FiberContent 0g, SugarContent 6g, ProteinContent 54g
KANSAS CITY STEAK SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: CHEFSHAR
Categories: Vegetable Soup
Total time: 1 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 45 minutes
Yield: 1 gallon
|1 pound round steak, chopped|
|1 cup margarine|
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|½ gallon water|
|¼ tablespoon ground black pepper|
|1 large carrot, diced|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 stalk celery, diced|
|1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables|
|16 ounces stewed tomatoes|
|12 cubes beef bouillon|
|2 tablespoons margarine|
- Make a roux by melting the butter or margarine, then stirring in the flour. Brown gently.
- Gradually add 2 cups of the water to the roux and stir until smooth. Add the remaining water, the carrot, onion, celery, frozen vegetables, canned tomatoes, and beef base granules.
- In a skillet saute the steak in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until browned. Drain off all the grease. Add the browned steak to the soup and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Once cooked this soup may be frozen for later use.
Calories 225.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 13.3 g, CholesterolContent 17.4 mg, FatContent 15.6 g, FiberContent 1.9 g, ProteinContent 8.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 893.5 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g
KANSAS CITY STEAK STRIPS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1 lb lean round steak, trimmed|
|4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided|
|1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 1/2 cups chili sauce (store-bought or try Make Your Own Chili Sauce)|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup cold water|
|1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained|
|8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained|
- Cut steaks into thin strips.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and saute about 2 minutes, until tender, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet, then add steak strips.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until strips are browned on all sides.
- Add chili sauce, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Blend flour with cold water and stir into skillet.
- Cook, stirring continually, for about 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and return mushrooms and onions to skillet.
- Add green beans and mix well.
- Cook about 2 minutes, or until beans are heated through (do not boil).
- Serve over hot egg noodles.
Calories 454.8, FatContent 15.8, SaturatedFatContent 7.7, CholesterolContent 108.8, SodiumContent 513, CarbohydrateContent 45.7, FiberContent 5.1, SugarContent 3.8, ProteinContent 32.8