OUR FAVORITE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Rhoda Boone
Total time: 1 hour, plus cooling time
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 (9″) pie
|11 (2¼x4¾”) graham crackers|
|2 Tbsp. sugar|
|1½ tsp. ground cinnamon|
|Pinch kosher salt|
|6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted|
|1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk|
|4 large egg yolks|
|7 Tbsp. fresh Key lime juice|
|2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice|
|1 cup chilled heavy cream|
|2 Tbsp. powdered sugar|
|A 9″ pie plate|
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Pulse graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor until fine crumbs form. With the motor running, drizzle in melted butter and process until well-combined. Transfer mixture to pie pan and press into bottom and up sides with a flat-bottomed measuring cup.
- Bake pie crust until golden brown and set, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk condensed milk and yolks together in a large bowl. Add Key lime and lemon juices and whisk until well-combined (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour filling into crust and bake until center is just set, about 15 minutes. Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool completely (filling will set as it cools), about 1 hour. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
Do Ahead: Pie (without topping) can be made, loosely covered, and chilled for up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, whip cream with a whisk or electric mixer to very soft peaks. Sprinkle sugar over cream and continue whipping until it holds stiff peaks. Dollop cream in center of pie (leaving at least a 1″ border of visible pie filling) and serve.
LEMON LIME ICEBOX PIE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 5 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)|
|6 egg yolks|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|1 teaspoon grated lime peel|
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 large graham cracker crumb crust (9 oz)|
|Lemon and lime slices, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon peel, lime peel, lemon juice and lime juice until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Garnish with lemon and lime slices. Store covered in refrigerator.
Calories 430 , CarbohydrateContent 66 g, FatContent 2 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 170 mg