BAKED LEMON-BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: France C
Categories: Chicken Thighs
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 tablespoons butter, divided|
|4 cloves garlic|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|¼ teaspoon onion powder|
|4 (8 ounce) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave oven until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Smash garlic cloves with the side of a chef’s knife and add garlic to the warm butter. Stir in lemon juice and onion powder. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a medium-sized oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and brush skin with lemon-butter mixture. Pour remaining butter mixture into skillet and remove from heat.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Brush skin every 10 minutes with pan juices.
- Remove skillet from the oven and place chicken on a serving platter. Drizzle chicken with pan juices and garnish with parsley.
Calories 509.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.7 g, CholesterolContent 178.7 mg, FatContent 34.4 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 41.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.5 g, SodiumContent 256.7 mg, SugarContent 0.3 g
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH LEMON AND OREGANO RECIPE | BON …
Provided by: The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
|4 large or 8 small skin-on, boneless chicken thighs|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|3 teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|3 sprigs oregano|
|1 tablespoon minced shallot|
|1/2 garlic clove, minced|
|1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)|
|1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth|
- Preheat oven to 425°. Very thinly slice half of lemon; discard any seeds. Cut remaining lemon half into 2 wedges. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large room-temperature skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Add chicken, skin side down. Place skillet over medium heat and cook, letting skin render and brown, and pouring off excess fat to maintain a thin coating in pan, until chicken is cooked halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- Scatter half of lemon slices over chicken and half on bottom of skillet (the slices on top of the chicken will soften; those in the skillet will caramelize). Transfer skillet to oven, leaving chicken skin side down. Roast until chicken is cooked through, skin is crisp, and lemon slices on bottom of skillet are caramelized, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, and caramelized lemon slices from bottom of skillet to a warm platter. (Leave softened lemon slices in the skillet.) Return skillet to medium heat. Add oregano sprigs, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add wine; cook over medium heat until reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Add broth; cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over and season sauce with salt, pepper, and juice from remaining lemon wedge, if desired. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up, to rewarm. Serve topped with caramelized lemon slices.