LEMON-YOGURT CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 cake, 12 serving(s)
|1 cup butter, softened|
|2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons lemon zest|
|1 1/2 cups white sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour bunt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and zest; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Fold in dry ingredients into egg and butter mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Fold in yogurt last.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove cake from pan and while warm top with a lemon glaze made from 1 cup powdered sugar and the juice of one lemon. If glaze is too thin add a little more powdered sugar.
Calories 366.4, FatContent 17.9, SaturatedFatContent 10.7, CholesterolContent 105.3, SodiumContent 401.1, CarbohydrateContent 46.9, FiberContent 0.8, SugarContent 26.3, ProteinContent 5.7
MY BIG FAT GREEK YOGURT & MEYER LEMON BUNDT CAKE | LOVE AND …
Provided by: Love and Olive Oil
Total time: 2 hours
Cook time: 60 minutes
Yield: 1 (12-cup) bundt cake, approximately 12 servings
|1 1/2 cups (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) cake flour*|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 cup unsalted butter, softened|
|2 1/2 cups granulated sugar|
|3 large eggs, room temperature**|
|3/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt|
|1/3 cup whole milk|
|1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)|
|1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest (from 1 lemon)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups powdered sugar|
|2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest|
|1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|pinch fine sea salt (omit if using salted butter)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (shortening works better than butter in this case) and flour a standard 12-cup capacity bundt pan or spray with baking spray.In a bowl, sift together flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.In a separate small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix on low speed until almost incorporated. Add half of yogurt mixture and mix to combine. Repeat with another 1/3 of dry ingredients, remaining yogurt mixture, and ending with remaining dry ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until just incorporated (do not overmix).Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert onto a plate or serving platter and let cool upside-down for another 10 minutes. The cake should release itself, and you should be able to pull the pan off cleanly at this point. Let cool to room temperature before glazing.To make glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl or 4-cup capacity glass measuring cup, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add lemon zest butter, and salt and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds until butter is just melted. Stir until smooth. If you prefer a thinner glaze use it immediately, otherwise let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drizzle over top of cooled bundt cake, then slice and serve. Cake is best served the day it is made, but will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.