BATTER-FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined|
|1/2 cup oil|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup milk|
|3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|oil (for deep frying)|
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup oil and egg; beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients except oil for frying and stir until well blended.
- Dip shrimp into batter to coat.
- Drop shrimp into hot oil and fry for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to batter to make a much lighter crust, or use beer instead of milk for a barley flavor.
Calories 341.9, FatContent 21.1, SaturatedFatContent 3.2, CholesterolContent 176.7, SodiumContent 760.9, CarbohydrateContent 17.9, FiberContent 0.6, SugarContent 0.1, ProteinContent 19.3