ARROZ CON BOGAVANTE (GRILLED RICE WITH LOBSTER) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: Lorraine Allen
Categories: Healthy Lobster Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
|1 live lobster (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds)|
|5 ½ cups fish or seafood stock, divided|
|¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 small onion, diced|
|¾ cup grated plum tomato, skin discarded (3 tomatoes)|
|1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 ½ cups Valencian bomba rice (see Tip)|
|¼ cup dry white wine|
|Large pinch of saffron threads|
|Chopped fresh parsley & lemon wedges for serving|
- Preheat a gas grill to medium or build a fire in a charcoal grill and let it burn down to medium heat (about 350°F).
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lobster and cook until bright red, about 5 minutes. Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon. When cool enough to handle, separate claws and tail from the lobster body. Set aside.
- Bring stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Cover with a lid and take out to the grill along with the lobster and the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a 12- to 14-inch paella pan or cast-iron skillet on the grill for 3 minutes. Add oil and onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add tomato, paprika and salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add wine and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in 4 1/2 cups of the warm stock and saffron; cook at a lively simmer, without stirring, for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup stock and arrange the lobster pieces around the pan. Cook, without stirring, until the rice is tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
Calories 219 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24 g, CholesterolContent 28 mg, FatContent 9 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 487 mg, SugarContent 1 g