HOW TO MAKE THE BEST MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: gluten-free,vegetarian,weeknight meals,dinner,lunch,salad
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|3 c. baby spinach|
|3 c. arugula|
|1 (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained|
|1 c. toasted walnuts|
|3/4 c. dried cranberries|
|1/2 c. shaved Parmesan|
|Pinch of flaky sea salt|
|2 tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|1 tbsp. orange juice|
|1 tbsp. honey|
|2 tsp. poppy seeds|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, arugula, mandarins, walnuts, and cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, orange juice, honey, poppy seeds, and mustard. Slowly pour in oil while whisking until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Top with Parmesan and a pinch of sea salt.
MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1/4 cup white sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1/4 cup vinegar|
|1/2 cup oil|
|1/2 head iceberg lettuce|
|1/2 head romaine lettuce|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced celery|
|2 green onions|
|1 can mandarin orange (11oz.)|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds|
|6 teaspoons white sugar|
- Combine 1/4 cup white sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile cook almonds and 6 tsp.
- sugar over med-low heat in saucepan stirring constantly until sugar melts and almonds coated.
- Cool and break apart.
- Break apart lettuces into bite size pieces.
- Add thinly sliced celery, cut on diagonal and thinly sliced green onions.
- 5 minutes before serving toss with drained mandarin oranges, sugared almonds and cooled dressing.
- If desired can add a few pieces of chunked pineapple and top with a few crunchy chow mein noodles.
Calories 277.4, FatContent 20.5, SaturatedFatContent 2.5, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 211.4, CarbohydrateContent 23.7, FiberContent 3.3, SugarContent 19.6, ProteinContent 2.4