BEST CHICKEN MANICOTTI RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MANICOTTI
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dinner party,weeknight meals,baking,dinner
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|1 (8-oz.) package manicotti|
|3 c. shredded cooked chicken|
|1 (10-oz.) package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained|
|2 1/2 c. ricotta cheese|
|1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided|
|3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided|
|1 tsp. Italian seasoning|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|Pinch red pepper flakes|
|4 tbsp. butter|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 c. all-purpose flour|
|2 1/2 c. milk|
|1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan|
|Juice of 1/2 a lemon|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook manicotti until al dente, 5 minutes. Drain.
- Make ricotta filling: In a large bowl stir together chicken, spinach, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch red pepper flakes.
- Make alfredo: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more. Pour in milk, whisking constantly, and bring mixture to a simmer. Stir in Parmesan and simmer until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of a 9”-x-13” baking dish, spoon a couple scoops of alfredo sauce and smooth into an even layer. Spoon ricotta mixture into manicotti and place into baking dish. Top with remaining alfredo sauce and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Cover and bake until cheese is melty, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, to serve.
SPINACH CHEESE MANICOTTI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Ernie
Categories: Italian Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese|
|1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|½ cup minced onion|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley|
|½ teaspoon pepper|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce|
|1 ½ cups water|
|1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, onion and egg. Season with parsley, pepper and garlic powder. Mix in 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. In a separate bowl, stir together spaghetti sauce and water.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture, and arrange in a single layer in the dish. Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until noodles are soft.
Calories 576.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 69 g, CholesterolContent 81.8 mg, FatContent 20.5 g, FiberContent 9.2 g, ProteinContent 29.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.7 g, SodiumContent 1409.9 mg, SugarContent 24.4 g