MAPLE CASHEW BRITTLE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Provided by: Land O’Lakes
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 36 pieces
|1 cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|3/4 cup maple-flavored syrup|
|1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter|
|1 cup lightly salted cashew halves|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
- Combine brown sugar and syrup in 2-quart heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4-9 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a full boil.
- Add butter; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 10-18 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 300°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a hard brittle strand.
- Remove from heat; stir in cashews and baking soda. Immediately pour mixture onto large buttered baking sheet, spreading evenly to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
Calories 70 calories, FatContent 3 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent <5 milligrams, SodiumContent 60 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 12 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent <1 grams
MAPLE-PECAN BRITTLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: foolwithflour
Categories: Pecan Desserts
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 36 servings
|2 cups white sugar|
|½ cup corn syrup|
|½ cup pure maple syrup|
|½ cup water|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|12 ounces chopped pecans|
|¼ cup margarine, softened|
|2 teaspoons baking soda|
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, water, and salt together in a pot over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, 5 to 10 minutes. Fold pecans into sugar mixture.
- Place a candy thermometer in pecan mixture and turn heat up to medium-high. Gently stir mixture until it reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), about 10 minutes.
- Quickly removing pot from heat and stir in margarine and baking soda until well mixed. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out with a spatula. Allow to cool until hardened, about 30 minutes. Break into pieces.
Calories 142.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.8 g, FatContent 8 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 0.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.8 g, SodiumContent 152.4 mg, SugarContent 15.3 g
MAPLE BACON PEANUT BRITTLE
Provided by: Ronda Eagle | Kitchen Dreaming
Total time: 13 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup light corn syrup|
|1 1/4 cup salted nuts|
|1 teaspoon butter|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon maple extract|
|1/2 pound bacon (, finely chopped, fried, drained on paper towels)|
|1 tsp baking soda|
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large glass bowl combine the sugar and corn syrup and microwave on high 4 minutes. Stir in the nuts and then microwave on high 3 1/2 minutes. Stir in butter, vanilla and maple and microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Working very quickly stir in baking soda until light and foamy, stir in bacon. Pour onto baking sheet, spread as thin as possible. Allow cool completely and then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 206 kcal, SugarContent 21 g, SodiumContent 236 mg, FatContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CarbohydrateContent 23 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 10 mg, UnsaturatedFatContent 8 g